Second Skin Audio

Tuning to get low

Fs represents the resonant frequency of the cone in free air. That resonance will move up, (a lot sometimes) when the sub is installed in a box. The port resonance in most systems is likely to end up well below the resonance of the sub after its in a box.

Long and short of it.......tune a few hz below your fs and call it a day.

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

1hz get real low:) lol jk tune to 32hz or 30 if want musical bass and good lows. Tune to around 28 if you want just friggn low. My opinion of course.

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

dont go below the fs of the subs is what i was told

In certain applications your correct like in a tline. But for a regular ported box. Ehhh. It wont hurt as long as you know what your doing. Like anything else.

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

Fs represents the resonant frequency of the cone in free air. That resonance will move up, (a lot sometimes) when the sub is installed in a box. The port resonance in most systems is likely to end up well below the resonance of the sub after its in a box.

Long and short of it.......tune a few hz below your fs and call it a day.

Uhh, not sure where you got this idea. If I followed this logic, I'd tune my box to 18 Hz.....I don't think so dude.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I don't understand why people are so fascinated with tuning in the 20's. I get demos sometimes and I can barely hear the thing. I can tell it's on because the subs are going bananas, but it's not like... making any noise.

"It's tuned to 26hz"

"Congrats."

It's like the opposite of a burp box. Really low, really quiet. Lol.

Archived