The point is we all started somewhere. It takes time to develop skills. Some are better than others, but be mindful on how we construction and present our opinion. Being straight forward is always a good thing, but let's not forget how we all started.

Even before I built my first box, I knew how to measure and do simple math. That port side is way th fuck off and worthy of shit-talk.
Lol.. Ken, I see your point there bro. Guess i was looking for a little word of encouragement. Lol.

But OP, take what others voice out as negative will not help you in anyway. If anything, it would push me to do better :D

Words of Wisdom!

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

Still.. Box is particle wood.. As far as tools.. Doesn't matter if you have a workshop. Building a standard box could be done with a table saw and a jigsaw .. Just accept this is fail because its too late to fight this one bud..

How is it a fail? The port sounds good, it gets low, and the cuts are 100% perfect. It was just in those particular pictures where the box was on a different surface than the port side, making it look like it was un-even but when i glued it and than screwed it together it was perfect. And whats wrong with 3/4'' MDF?

I think I see what you mean about it being uneven in those one pictures, sorry to not notice it was sitting on an uneven surface. The box may sound good to you, but a different box with proper port area could sound better. How wide is that port opening? What do you think you are tuned to? How much internal volume do you think you have?

The washer trick with the wiring needs to be addressed, it isn't the best way. Terminated ends on the wires on the INSIDE of the box and terminated ends on the wires on the outside of the box would be a better option.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I request that you Play T-Pain - regular girl and turn it up loud and listen to the bass line that song should move enough air to chuff the shit out of that port.

Your washer setup is just plain horrid. The issue is not your cuts or material but your port design.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

• 3 weeks later...

I think I see what you mean about it being uneven in those one pictures, sorry to not notice it was sitting on an uneven surface. The box may sound good to you, but a different box with proper port area could sound better. How wide is that port opening? What do you think you are tuned to? How much internal volume do you think you have?

The washer trick with the wiring needs to be addressed, it isn't the best way. Terminated ends on the wires on the INSIDE of the box and terminated ends on the wires on the outside of the box would be a better option.

3.5cuft and like 24hz i think... not to sure. been playing it and you cant hear anything unless you stick your ear right into the port.... even playing i cook or any other flexy song like that..

Good for you man, I know at 14 I sure as fuck didn't know anything about car audio or have the know how to build a ported enclosure, or the care to.

Everyone is so worried about the future of car audio, this kid is a part of that future and he should be encouraged for his attempts and guided with constructive criticism.

You guys are a lot older than he is, so play nice.

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

• 4 weeks later...

Good for you man, I know at 14 I sure as fuck didn't know anything about car audio or have the know how to build a ported enclosure, or the care to.

Everyone is so worried about the future of car audio, this kid is a part of that future and he should be encouraged for his attempts and guided with constructive criticism.

You guys are a lot older than he is, so play nice.

Thanks man, and everyone FYI the alpines get audible port noise and a hell of a lot more than the pioneer.

Wouldnt that box be tuned a bit low for that pioneer? Hell im in the same boat as ken when i started at ur age i was building sealed boxes till i got the hang of things. I didnt have saw horses so its no exuse and you should have noticed the carboard so arguement invalid. My cuts were all made with a circulaw saw and strait edge while i had a friend stand on my mdf so it didnt move cause i did all my cutting off the tailgate on my truck. But enough bashing. Lets be honest guys we have seen worse. Best advise for the op. Stay on the site and learn. Read a few builds ask some questions. Come back and show us what you can do with proper knowledge. Maybe build a box for those alpines. If you ask questions and really want to learn there are people here that will help you. Ken may come off as being a dick( no offence) but he can hand out some good advise when asked. Dont get so butt hurt instead ask how would you have done this.

Archived