Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need Advice re: Torres Calculator results


Recommended Posts

Posted

Yes I do think you need to shrink it, but just a little bit. You're almost there with the numbers you've got. When you make the port just a little smaller, it's going to increase the internal boiler a little too, so you make have to shrink the box a little too. It will also drop your tuning a bit, so that will need to be compensated for.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Yes I do think you need to shrink it, but just a little bit. You're almost there with the numbers you've got. When you make the port just a little smaller, it's going to increase the internal boiler a little too, so you make have to shrink the box a little too. It will also drop your tuning a bit, so that will need to be compensated for.

Do you have an idea/suggestion as to how small i need to reduce the port?

Posted

I made a few more drawings for my enclosure. Which do you guys think will work best?

1. Same design as my first one but reduced the port height to 6"

e2858dd655aaa9b3f3cdd67dc095ee28_zps4d5b

39b61022d249bdfaff13ae0e29d578c7_zps47bf

2. Moved the port between the 2 subwoofers

6395dca5322042ab7ae3421a3f9c974a_zps440f

c708458618f2cbf9f1d944c002bb81fc_zps3e50

3. Single sub enclosure. I can make 4 of these and stack it by 2's all port meeting at the middle

d4818e7c3d4ea118c1a9b744387b49a0_zps3a41

c2df1cc9c0362f0604ae09ec337db554_zps8d5d

I would love to hear all your comments and suggestions

Posted

I would do a 2chamber wall with the port in the middle. Around 7-7.5cuft per chamber. 2 subs per chamber. Go for about 14-15" of port per cuft. So the end result will be a 2 chamber box with a total of 15cuft and up to about 200" of port.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

I would do a 2chamber wall with the port in the middle. Around 7-7.5cuft per chamber. 2 subs per chamber. Go for about 14-15" of port per cuft. So the end result will be a 2 chamber box with a total of 15cuft and up to about 200" of port.

So design 2 i made is close to what youre saying but how do i change the port are from 13 sqin to 15sqin? I won't be able to make the port larger, i will be hitting the subwoofers.

*** i'll try and give it a go later and post some results here

Posted

make the box less deep to get less volume and it will raise the port volume then you add length to the port for the tuning. might not be able to get exactly were you want it but close is better then nothing.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

No pproblem. You might have to sacrifices I'm order to make it fit. Maybe smaller box then you want or not the tuning. I'm sure you can get real cloae to what you want.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1167 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...