engine noise

ok so i have a

Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD

what i am getting is engine rev noise

i have troubleshot as much as i could and narrowed it to the deck

1. i have used the stock power and ground..

2. i ran power and ground direct from battery

3. i tried grounding the rca wire.. ( this magnifies the problem )

4. i actually hooked up my ipod through headphone cord to rca into my eq and then the engine rev is gone.. (bypassing the deck on ipod internal battery power engine rev gone)

4.5. i plugged the charger cord into the ipod and the noise comes through the ipod

4 i am using high quality shielded phoenix gold zero point RCA wire

are there any filters i can put on the power wire to the deck to clean up the noise?

such as ferrite magnets or any other devices?

or should i just get a new deck?

my grounds are good.. my rca are good..

the car is a 2006 Nissan 350z manual

thanks for any help

i had ground loop issues all the time until i found out how to to fix them it happens alot on the pioneers because of a grounding issues via rca....

so what you wana do is take some wires ( small like 18 gauge ) and stick it as you plug in the rca ( black rca jack, on the back of the headunit) and splice the other end of the wire into your headunit ground or grind metal around the headunit area and ground it... should take it right off

i had ground loop issues all the time until i found out how to to fix them it happens alot on the pioneers because of a grounding issues via rca....

so what you wana do is take some wires ( small like 18 gauge ) and stick it as you plug in the rca ( black rca jack, on the back of the headunit) and splice the other end of the wire into your headunit ground or grind metal around the headunit area and ground it... should take it right off

i did this in # 3. on my post.. grounding the Rca.. it magnified the problem

i did this in # 3. on my post.. grounding the Rca.. it magnified the problem

Where did you ground the RCAs? When I tried this the first time on my deck I tried to ground the amp side of the RCA because ground was easier to get to in the back with the amps. It made it worse. I grounded the RCAs on to the deck an dfixed the issue immediately. Just checking :)

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Do you have an eq or line driver? I had ridiculous engine and ground loop noise that was coming from my audio control matrix. Ran power and ground to the back battery bank and it was dead silent after that.

it is a parametric phoenix gold EQ with a built in line driver

Where did you ground the RCAs? When I tried this the first time on my deck I tried to ground the amp side of the RCA because ground was easier to get to in the back with the amps. It made it worse. I grounded the RCAs on to the deck an dfixed the issue immediately. Just checking :)

i tried multiple.

i tried both neg and positive rca and together / grounded them to the deck/ then tried to the battery / then also tried multiple chassis grounds.

thx for your help.. i will hopefully have a css-12 this week for a try.. will keep posted

Archived