Started sound deadening the trunk lid the other day when it was nice and I was bored. Pics are before during and after in that order.

20130602_120636_zps59018716.jpg

20130602_120644_zpsd284caf4.jpg

20130602_120639_zpse006bb07.jpg

20130602_123548_zps29034141.jpg

20130602_123552_zps77d01d9a.jpg

20130602_124551_zpsbad03240.jpg

They call me Girth "The Silo" Brooks- I ain't storing corn

I got a plan for 2 6.5's up in the front of the door. I'm currently running Hertz xls. Mids in the kicks and tweets with hertz hl70s in dash pods (3s not hooked up yet) and 2 shallow mount 12s in the cubby on the drivers side in the trunk. Gets down for what it is. Now hurry up and get started. Oh and if you need any help or ideas on how to take something off I can help you the best I can. I have torn the rear part of the car out a few times now. lol

Nice I thought about getting some hertz but I got the Phoenix Golds for a steal online. When I checked them out I couldn't believe how beefy and heavy everything was. The midbass on the components actually has a vented and bumped pole piece. Couldn't believe that for a lower end model. I'm eventually wanting to go active up front and am thinking about picking up some morel's but we'll see maybe I'll stick with the PG's . And thanks I may just do that (any tips or things I need to know when tearing the trunk etc. apart?) Feel free to pm me so we don't have to make this a diy/ tech thread.

If you don't want it to be that is fine, but I don't mind since there are very few threads on how to do this stuff online. But the main thing is be slow and take your time, don't want to rush anything. Also going to want to get tripple cube sockets to take out the rear deck (if you are planning on deadning it). Everything is pretty easy to take out also.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

If you don't want it to be that is fine, but I don't mind since there are very few threads on how to do this stuff online. But the main thing is be slow and take your time, don't want to rush anything. Also going to want to get tripple cube sockets to take out the rear deck (if you are planning on deadning it). Everything is pretty easy to take out also.

No, on here is fine just figured they had an area for that. I found most of my info on the vortex forum. Great and vast info on there

Just going to let you know a few rattle areas that i have encountered so far. The rear vents hit the bumper. Might want to take it off and either cut some of the plastic on the vent to prevent it from hitting, out put some deadner on the bumper behind the vent to give it a cushion. Also the license plate will rattle. There are screw holes on the trunk for the bottom screws so just get some that will fit in them and that will stop the rattle there. The center break light will rattle also. The over head console door will rattle also after about 140 db or so (in my car at least ).

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Nice start !

Tuned in for more pics :)

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Thanks for the support guys. Talked to my parents and I'm good to go to install there next weekend. I live in an apt so table/jig and skil saw are frowned upon lol. Can't wait all week is gonna be like Christmas Eve

• 3 weeks later...

Archived