Hauling a K1500 Chevy pickup with 1500 Suburban

Trying to figure out how I'm gonna do this, I might buy a K1500 Chevy this upcoming week. It has a problem with one of the axle's, so I'm gonna have to haul it home. I have an 01' Suburban that I'd haul it with. I don't know anyone with a trailer big enough, so was thinking about the u-haul route. Has anyone used one of those U-haul dual axle vehicle haulers to haul a fourth gen GT400 platform Chevy (1988-1998?)? It's about a 2 hour drive, and I hate to make the trip and decide to buy, and then find out it won't fit or something like that...

Or, is there a rental service that would rent me a bigger trailer? This is the one I'm talking about, not the single axle dolly,

114998d1330373925-pulling-ssr-uhaul-trai

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Ive never done this but you could go measure the width of the u haul and have who your nuying it from measure the widthe of the vehicle and how long it is to see if it would fit

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Yeah that looks like that what I am gonna have to do, just wasn't sure if someone had tried it already and could let me know. I have dimensions of the trailer from U-Haul's website.

Looks like it would be a close fit, I found a 3rd gen on the same trailer,

l.jpg

*EDIT*

Yeah, I'll just call and ask how wide and the wheelbase tomorrow morning. His tires are a little bigger than stock (not boggers or anything but still) so I better make sure.

BTW, people are crazy...

22763101.jpg

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Ya that last pics crazy.. but i was gonna say that too the wheelbase may be wider than the trailer if he had different rims/tires hope it works out for you

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Thanks, that is good to know

~Henry David Thoreau

Hauled a z32 300zx on one a couple times, those have very wide wheelbase, those trailers pull nice btw if you were wondering.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Thanks for the info. I actually came across a deal on a Ram 1500 4x4 for cheaper than the K1500 with axle problems, so I picked it up today.

~Henry David Thoreau

Archived