Second Skin Audio

blowin subs?

so say they have a 2 ohm sub but they want the sub to be a 1 ohm but the sub brand doesnt have a 1 ohm. so they blow it to make it a 1 ohm right? if i got it anywhere wrong don't bother trying to explain it again. if i see it done i'll get it better. this is why im taking a class for this stuff

right they would need to change out the coil anyway so why not blow the sub... lol like an old car thats going to get crushed... why not hit it with a sledgehammer a few times before the tow truck takes it away

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I killed some kicker L7 12's  like this, its not as easy as it looks.

I ran 1200 watts to one freeair then burped a 30 second burp  @ 20hz, I wished I would have recorded it, when I hit the bass knob the subz would jump off the ground 2 to 3 inches it was comical, in the end they still played pretty decently they just stunk like ish when I ragged on them

so say they have a 2 ohm sub but they want the sub to be a 1 ohm but the sub brand doesnt have a 1 ohm. so they blow it to make it a 1 ohm right? if i got it anywhere wrong don't bother trying to explain it again. if i see it done i'll get it better. this is why im taking a class for this stuff

well if that sub brand doesnt HAVE a 1ohm then chances are you wont be able to get 1ohm soft parts.....one of the tricks of this trade is you need to have subs that can be reconed by the consumer. A lot of companys wont give up the soft parts to the consumer so the brand of sub you have is critical really.  You shouldnt HAVE to buy a sub based on knowing you can replace it yourself, it should work forever right?  Well shit does happen and subs do blow so its a piece of mind and 1/2 knowing i can make one phone call and the parts are on the way. So whether its on accident or on purpose its always good to know its not the end of the world when your sub goes. Having the option of whatever coil configuration you want/need is also an A+++

let me know when your ready to step up to some grown-foke's subs and ill take care of ya ;)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

• 2 months later...

well if that sub brand doesnt HAVE a 1ohm then chances are you wont be able to get 1ohm soft parts.....one of the tricks of this trade is you need to have subs that can be reconed by the consumer. A lot of companys wont give up the soft parts to the consumer so the brand of sub you have is critical really.  You shouldnt HAVE to buy a sub based on knowing you can replace it yourself, it should work forever right?  Well shit does happen and subs do blow so its a piece of mind and 1/2 knowing i can make one phone call and the parts are on the way. So whether its on accident or on purpose its always good to know its not the end of the world when your sub goes. Having the option of whatever coil configuration you want/need is also an A+++

let me know when your ready to step up to some grown-foke's subs and ill take care of ya ;)

Thats what i hate about my current subs, being a dual 6ohm i have to have 3 of them to get the right ohms for my current amp, the problem is i only have 2 of them. If they were dual 4ohm i would be fine.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"