I'm trying to identify if cable is ofc or cca

I have some Rockford Fosgate 1/0 cable labelled super flex competition wire 1/0 awg (53.3mm2) 4704 strand . Would this mean CCA as there is no ofc written anywhere on it? It is nearly twice the size of the other 1/0 RP1000B OFC Rockford Fosgate drum of cable I also have in stock in preparation for my install . I look forward to your thought , thanks in advance. Dave .

Ya, if its copper colored on the end where you cut it then its OFC, if the strands are copper colored in the centers and silverish on the outsides then its tinned OFC, and if its silver centers of the strands with copper coating then its CCA.

Its probably tinned OFC, atleast the RF 4 gauge I used to have was copper strands with silver looking coating on the strands. The tinning is to prevent corrosion, its a good thing.

I don't know if this is normall but my stinger ofc is solid like a rock and the sky high CCA (never used it before) is real soft. You can pinch the whole wire with your hand to almost half the thickness. All 1/0

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

I don't know if this is normall but my stinger ofc is solid like a rock and the sky high CCA (never used it before) is real soft. You can pinch the whole wire with your hand to almost half the thickness. All 1/0

Its all in how tight the wire strands are twisted together, then those larger strands are twisted together..

Right of the bat, Stinger wire is true spec wire, not oversized like many other brands out there such as RF, Kicker, AT, Knu, etc. But the Stinger wire is twisted really tight, which makes it not as flexible.

A lot of these newer companies such as AT, SHCA , are not twisted as much, which is making it more flexible.

Thanks for all the info, great thread. =) I too was wondering just about everything answered in here

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived