This looks great!

So with the deeper 4th order builds like this, do you done much testing with the phasing of the subs at different depths from the port? I feel Iike I would want one amp per pair of vertical subs to adjust relative phase between them. Does that work like I am imagining in theory?

Team NorthWestSPL

Damn man, sick for sure, can't wait to see more pics./vids. you said it was playing now?

Oh yeah it was playing about the same day I started this thread but it was just to test and go to a comp. Still on 12v, one batt, and one amp until my batts get here.

Team Hated

This looks great!

So with the deeper 4th order builds like this, do you done much testing with the phasing of the subs at different depths from the port? I feel Iike I would want one amp per pair of vertical subs to adjust relative phase between them. Does that work like I am imagining in theory?

Thats actually what I am planning for the exact reason you stated. The rear subs are usually doing a little more work than the front in these type of set-ups. But when my batteries get here i will be testing with four amps. One amp per two verticle subs. Also testing with one larger amp (DC 9K) and two larger amps hopefully 2 9ks

Team Hated

This looks great!

Thats actually what I am planning for the exact reason you stated. The rear subs are usually doing a little more work than the front in these type of set-ups. But when my batteries get here i will be testing with four amps. One amp per two verticle subs. Also testing with one larger amp (DC 9K) and two larger amps hopefully 2 9ks

Team Hated

How do you figure out how much to phase shift, or time align or whatever it's called? Just lots of testing on the TL and adjusting?

Anyway...This thing is bad ass! Very nice score on a single battery and just one amp :good:

How do you figure out how much to phase shift, or time align or whatever it's called? Just lots of testing on the TL and adjusting?

Anyway...This thing is bad ass! Very nice score on a single battery and just one amp :good:

Im not 100% sure how to best adjust the phasing on them but basically you leave the rear subs the way they are and start changing pairs toward the front. and test with the tl. Ive never personally done it but alot of people around here have

Team Hated

What you've given us is good, but it sucks because we know what your with holding is even better! Jk, excited to see the rest!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Archived