question about selling pipes and such in ny

ive found a wholesale website that sells bongs pipes and other glassware at really good prices my only concern is the legallity of selling them here i figured i would prolly need a tobaco licence to sell them as tobaco pipes but what if i just sold them as novelty glassware? wonder if i could get around that aspect of things that way?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

If I were you I'd do everything by the book, depending on certain state laws the sale of them would be regulated by the ATF or DEA, two groups you don't really want to screw with lol.

ill have to look into it im just not sure what to look at because if there not being sold as tobaco pipes i should be good with the atf.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

wonder if i labled them as for ornamental use only lol

that could work. seems like when it comes to sales wording means everything look at the whole bath salts ordeal how many names did that have? each an atempt to sell a product as legit and it was being sold legit for what it was labled for. thats why i wonder if i sell something along the lines as glass pipes bongs ect as" novelty glassware. not intended for tobaco or drug use" "solely sold as a novelty nic nac" if doing that would by pass those laws and regulations. because i wana do this in a legit manner so i can advertise on craigslist and ebay. deff a very lucrative market for that kinda thing here with not to many places filling the need guess i could go to the head shops around and ask how they do it. they might just not wana tell me though lol dont want the competition

Bypassing law with manipulative advertising and wanting to be "legit", is contradictory man. You're trying to find a loophole into selling something(which everyone knows the true reason for selling is) as something else entirely. Honestly man, role the dice and see what happens. And I doubt you'll make any progress asking around, as you're right, they WILL see you as competition, unless you get a stoner employee who knows the ins and outs of the business and he doesn't mind divulging the info.

In brief, you KNOW what you're up to and that you're trying to do something in a "legit" manner, however the motive behind selling isn't all that legit. Labeling something as ornamental when the function of the device is VERY clear is pure manipulation and trickery. With that being said, how comfortable would you feel running a business on this assumption? Would you be pissed if ATF or DEA came in and shut you down? If it were me, I'd feel nervous every day and if be EXPECTING to get caught attempting what you would be attempting.

Edit-In short, be prepared for big boy consequences if you want to play the big boy game.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

that could work. seems like when it comes to sales wording means everything look at the whole bath salts ordeal how many names did that have? each an atempt to sell a product as legit and it was being sold legit for what it was labled for. thats why i wonder if i sell something along the lines as glass pipes bongs ect as" novelty glassware. not intended for tobaco or drug use" "solely sold as a novelty nic nac" if doing that would by pass those laws and regulations. because i wana do this in a legit manner so i can advertise on craigslist and ebay. deff a very lucrative market for that kinda thing here with not to many places filling the need guess i could go to the head shops around and ask how they do it. they might just not wana tell me though lol dont want the competition

That opens a whole other can of worms, once you start shipping across state lines you no longer have to worry about only NY laws but you have to also worry about federal laws and the laws of the states your shipping to.

Archived