Sundown Audio

engine noise on 4 channel..

pk222

So this has been driving me insane! I've got a pioneer avh4300 with a Rockford 300/4 on my stock speakers and an audioque 1200 on 2 12in type rs.

when I connect 2 sets of rcas to the amp to have.the front nd rear channels hooked up I get really bad engine noise. It even whines when the car is off. I've swapped grounds numerous RCA's. When I have only the front RCA and front channels running the speakers it's fine. Even swapping to the rear out on my deck it's fine. Only when their both hooked up it has problems. It sounds great the way it is but I just want to hook it up normal so I actually have fade. What can I do?

• 1 month later...

if you still have this problem, its most liekly the deck, pioneer uses a fuse called a pico fuse to protect the RCA circuit, if you hot swap RCA's you blow this fuse. you loose all grounding in the RCA from interference. taking a wire and wrapping it around the RCA outer shield then grounding that wire to the pioneers case will fix the problem.

Like Lifted said pico fuse. Ground your rca's on your hu like he said.

There's a pic of how it should look in this thread it's the best I could do on mobile.

http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/606514.html

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

re do your grounds

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

1st id try upgrading your alternator power wire.. upgrading the ground on the engine block and adding a second ground to the battery..all with at least 4 guage wire. Also try grounding your headunit to the fire wall instead of to the black wire on the harness..last if it still keeps on giving you noise your may need to try higher quality rca wire..get one wire with 4 channels.. like jl audio. Memphis. Or rockford fosgate.. one sime trick you may try is to slip a small piece of extra speaker wire under the outer ring of the rca at the head unit ..make sure that wire only touches the outer ring and not the inner lead and then attach the other end of that wire straight to the backside of the deck.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived