Read/heard about Seagate who's making a hybrid drive. It's the hard drive we all know and it's mixed with a ssd. They installed it in a ps3, loaded up the same game file on the new hd ps3 and a regular ps3 at the same time and people actually thought the regular ps3 froze and got stuck because the seagate one was that much quicker.

vid shows that...

just not sure if it's out for desktops yet...

hmmm... I should do this for my PS3 .... would be a nice upgrade...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I figured id throw Kingston hyperX out there for anyone who might be going through this thread for ssd advice. been good to me the last 6 or 7 months. very fast. 555MB/s read, 510MB/s write. runs cool, no hiccups. recommend it.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Read/heard about Seagate who's making a hybrid drive. It's the hard drive we all know and it's mixed with a ssd. They installed it in a ps3, loaded up the same game file on the new hd ps3 and a regular ps3 at the same time and people actually thought the regular ps3 froze and got stuck because the seagate one was that much quicker.

vid shows that...

Yea I seem those hybrids, but it still have moving parts, I think it was a more affordable way to get ssd when they came out, but they're cheap now so I would just get ssd !

vid shows that...

Yea I seem those hybrids, but it still have moving parts, I think it was a more affordable way to get ssd when they came out, but they're cheap now so I would just get ssd !

I think it's still a valid drive as it's a mix of both. You don't get the super quick speed of a ssd, but it is quicker (about double or so) of a regular drive. And you don't lack much (if any) space on the drive, as you do with a ssd. I mean price of a 500gb ssd? $300+. 500gb regular hd? $55+. It's just... a combo of both. Some good and bad from both. Eh. So although it's not a complete ssd, it's new technology to me as I never heard of them before seeing that video, threw it out there for some ppl to know.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived