Sonic Electronix

Something either arched, and or ran too much current through the fuse.

What are you running your amp at? Its rated 2 ohm, or 1 ohm?

Where you banging on it hard, or just normally like you always would and never had a problem.

Never jump to a larger fuse, until you know what your problem is, otherwise you may end up going to big and then instead of having to replace a cheap fuse, youll have to replace a expensive battery, alt or amp :(

The amp is rated 2 ohm and thats what i have it wired up to ive never had a problem with it and ive never cranked anything on my amp too high i got my gains set and my bass boost down and bass knob not even all the way up. So thats why im just confused on the situation.

So another words you are saying that you where not cranking it louder then normal, or running it at a lower then its ohm load.

So that lead me to believe that either something grounded out, or maybe the fuse just was old and took a crap.

Id try a new 300amp fuse in it, and see how it does. Also check all your power cables for any loose connections, frays, or even any rubber casing missing around the wire.

The amp requires 300 amps of fusing, so I wouldnt go bigger then 300 amp unless like I said you where running it at 1 ohm which requires more amperage.

gl :)

:D sweet thanks! Ill definently check it out in the mourning. I should just start Pming you whenever i have a question because your the only one who ever replys! lol

heh, i live on message boards at night til 4am. play a little counterstrike, eat a lil food, roll up one or 2, and just kick back and relax everynight after work. I call it my "routine".

But I would check over your wires first before putting a new fuse in, and maybe upgrade to a better fuse block if your using glass fuses (agu)

I prefer ANL and MIDI fuses.

Edited by audiofanaticz