Royal Purple Fluids question

My brother races on the weekends and in his firebird has always run Royal Purple since he built the engine. He trades out the oil every 100 runs or so, and likes it. It's just a simple Pontiac 455 .030 over with single plane intake, double pumper, 3" headers and flowmasters. Old fashioned HP.

I've been running running part synthetic in my car since I got it, and now just switched to Mobil1, along with a Bosch long life filter. I used to have a ticking lifter on cold starts but after switching over the tick has gone away and my idle has smoothed out.

Never had my oil analyzed, though.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

I use Amsoil. At this point I will not switch to anything else.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I send oil out for Analysis every 4k miles to either blackstone or Titan labs. I can tell you at my very first oil analysis Titan labs told me my oil was already junk and had been for a while. It had basically no TBN( detergents) left in it and the viscosity was like water. I get about 15k miles out of Mobil1 and as much as 26k out of Amsoil depending on how many runs at the track and what I tow during that time frame.

I've always used Blackstone. What lab do you prefer?

I'm an Amsoil user but thinking about trying Driven by Joe Gibbs

I prefer Titan labs. They include TBN where with BS you have to request and pay an extra 10 dollars but sometimes Titan gets backed up and I don't wait more than two weeks for one to come back so if they are behind I'll spend the extra and go with BS. Also, royal purple turns gold within 3-5minutes of it's first time running at operating temps. If you run RP, send it out for an analysis and let them tell you how many miles they think is on it. You'll be surprised when they said after ( 100 runs ) that oil looks like it's been useless for about 1k miles lol.

Archived