Sonic Electronix

I still have no idea what the heck this thread is about.

Is this one of those "it's loud to the ear but doesnt meter well" things?

he wants something loud that isnt going to shake shit. So a sub thats heard from blocks away but wont flex the whole car. I under stand the question but cant answer it.
You 2 don't seem to realize that sound is vibrations. You can't have one without the other. Might as well be saying you want to be loud without being loud.

I say no. Had 2 L5 10s sealed behind the seat on 1000 watts at 1 ohm in a 2004 gmc. Can be heard outside really good. Swapped those out for 1 FI X 10 ported with an sk1500 at 2 ohm and its rattled everything and wrecks the roof. So why is it that the sub that wrecks the roof isnt as loud outside of the vehicle as the sub that doesn't shake anything? There clearly must be a difference somewhere.

and everyone saying who "wants it loud outside your dumb" your dumb for telling this guy that. Everyone has their own preference. Thats like telling an sq guy that hes dumb cause he doesnt do spl.

I believe "Wanting it loud on the outside" means that you're into pissing other people off, which gives the basshead community a bad rap.

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

he wants something loud that isnt going to shake shit. So a sub thats heard from blocks away but wont flex the whole car. I under stand the question but cant answer it.
You 2 don't seem to realize that sound is vibrations. You can't have one without the other. Might as well be saying you want to be loud without being loud.

I say no. Had 2 L5 10s sealed behind the seat on 1000 watts at 1 ohm in a 2004 gmc. Can be heard outside really good. Swapped those out for 1 FI X 10 ported with an sk1500 at 2 ohm and its rattled everything and wrecks the roof. So why is it that the sub that wrecks the roof isnt as loud outside of the vehicle as the sub that doesn't shake anything? There clearly must be a difference somewhere.

and everyone saying who "wants it loud outside your dumb" your dumb for telling this guy that. Everyone has their own preference. Thats like telling an sq guy that hes dumb cause he doesnt do spl.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I think half of you guys are genuinely touched in the head. People saying things like, "my one 10 could be heard from china but my 17 18's on 750k only shook my car".

What the hell?

If you want to just be loud then just get some 12" pa speakers and some horns and open the doors.

I believe "Wanting it loud on the outside" means that you're into pissing other people off, which gives the basshead community a bad rap.
Yes what makes a sub loud outside that pisses people off is exactly what we are asking. Idc what rep it gives the basshead community, we just want to know what makes a subwoofer loud that pisses people off. Once the questions answered thatll be it, just seems like some people here dont know and just say were dumb because we dont want a sub thats spl oriented thatll shake our whole cars. I have a custom 15" in my explorer that wrecks shit. Shakes my whole car and flexs shit like crazy. But when I had 2 sa 12s in it, it didnt shake anything, but it was loud as hell inside and it could be heard a few blocks away easily. Can someone answer the question of why? Everyone on this forum says cone is king, but I can guarantee the 15 will make the 2 sa12s look like garbage. What specs make a sub louder by ear, amd what specs make a sub a sub that flexs shit? All the people posting stupid crap must not know how to answer that. Good ole nuthuggers.

93' Exploder

Deck:Pioneer 6400-bt

Front Stage: Crescendo PWX 8"s and Skar Audio VX1-ST per door

Amps: Sundown Audio SAZ-3500 v1 @.375 ohm daily, CT Sounds 125.2

Subwoofer: Two PSI Platform 2 18"s,Fully Loaded D1.5's

Enclosure: B Pillar Fourth Order, 3:1 ratio tuned at 46 (Designed by Low Hertz Box Designs)

Wire: All Sky High Car Audio Cable!

Alternator: Singer 250 amp Hairpin

Batteries: XS Power D975

Team Audio Connections

When i read all these comments all i could think of was systems from Brazil. Not trying to be racists, but thats what they do down there. Stuff like this

gallery_33436_392_42094.jpg

Well 2 12s IS more cone area, hence why louder from further. Enclosure is the BIGGEST difference a to why a vehicle is heard or isn't heard, Did you meter both setups? How do you know which was truly louder IN the cat if you didn't meter both setups....

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yes what makes a sub loud outside that pisses people off is exactly what we are asking. Idc what rep it gives the basshead community, we just want to know what makes a subwoofer loud that pisses people off. Once the questions answered thatll be it, just seems like some people here dont know and just say were dumb because we dont want a sub thats spl oriented thatll shake our whole cars. I have a custom 15" in my explorer that wrecks shit. Shakes my whole car and flexs shit like crazy. But when I had 2 sa 12s in it, it didnt shake anything, but it was loud as hell inside and it could be heard a few blocks away easily. Can someone answer the question of why? Everyone on this forum says cone is king, but I can guarantee the 15 will make the 2 sa12s look like garbage. What specs make a sub louder by ear, amd what specs make a sub a sub that flexs shit? All the people posting stupid crap must not know how to answer that. Good ole nuthuggers.

nuthuggers?

and no answers? let me put all the answers together from your post.. (two sa 12s... "custom 15" ..)

the sa 12s were probably tuned to 40 and the 15 probably tuned to 32 or 33 htz

:)

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Archived