Sonic Electronix

I still have no idea what the heck this thread is about.

Is this one of those "it's loud to the ear but doesnt meter well" things?

he wants something loud that isnt going to shake shit. So a sub thats heard from blocks away but wont flex the whole car. I under stand the question but cant answer it.
You 2 don't seem to realize that sound is vibrations. You can't have one without the other. Might as well be saying you want to be loud without being loud.
I say no. Had 2 L5 10s sealed behind the seat on 1000 watts at 1 ohm in a 2004 gmc. Can be heard outside really good. Swapped those out for 1 FI X 10 ported with an sk1500 at 2 ohm and its rattled everything and wrecks the roof. So why is it that the sub that wrecks the roof isnt as loud outside of the vehicle as the sub that doesn't shake anything? There clearly must be a difference somewhere.

and everyone saying who "wants it loud outside your dumb" your dumb for telling this guy that. Everyone has their own preference. Thats like telling an sq guy that hes dumb cause he doesnt do spl.

I believe "Wanting it loud on the outside" means that you're into pissing other people off, which gives the basshead community a bad rap.
Yes what makes a sub loud outside that pisses people off is exactly what we are asking. Idc what rep it gives the basshead community, we just want to know what makes a subwoofer loud that pisses people off. Once the questions answered thatll be it, just seems like some people here dont know and just say were dumb because we dont want a sub thats spl oriented thatll shake our whole cars. I have a custom 15" in my explorer that wrecks shit. Shakes my whole car and flexs shit like crazy. But when I had 2 sa 12s in it, it didnt shake anything, but it was loud as hell inside and it could be heard a few blocks away easily. Can someone answer the question of why? Everyone on this forum says cone is king, but I can guarantee the 15 will make the 2 sa12s look like garbage. What specs make a sub louder by ear, amd what specs make a sub a sub that flexs shit? All the people posting stupid crap must not know how to answer that. Good ole nuthuggers.

nuthuggers?

and no answers? let me put all the answers together from your post.. (two sa 12s... "custom 15" ..)

the sa 12s were probably tuned to 40 and the 15 probably tuned to 32 or 33 htz

:)

both tuned at 33;)

93' Exploder

Deck:Pioneer 6400-bt

Front Stage: Crescendo PWX 8"s and Skar Audio VX1-ST per door

Amps: Sundown Audio SAZ-3500 v1 @.375 ohm daily, CT Sounds 125.2

Subwoofer: Two PSI Platform 2 18"s,Fully Loaded D1.5's

Enclosure: B Pillar Fourth Order, 3:1 ratio tuned at 46 (Designed by Low Hertz Box Designs)

Wire: All Sky High Car Audio Cable!

Alternator: Singer 250 amp Hairpin

Batteries: XS Power D975

Team Audio Connections

^ MIND BLOWN

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

I still have no idea what the heck this thread is about.

Is this one of those "it's loud to the ear but doesnt meter well" things?

he wants something loud that isnt going to shake shit. So a sub thats heard from blocks away but wont flex the whole car. I under stand the question but cant answer it.
You 2 don't seem to realize that sound is vibrations. You can't have one without the other. Might as well be saying you want to be loud without being loud.
I say no. Had 2 L5 10s sealed behind the seat on 1000 watts at 1 ohm in a 2004 gmc. Can be heard outside really good. Swapped those out for 1 FI X 10 ported with an sk1500 at 2 ohm and its rattled everything and wrecks the roof. So why is it that the sub that wrecks the roof isnt as loud outside of the vehicle as the sub that doesn't shake anything? There clearly must be a difference somewhere.

and everyone saying who "wants it loud outside your dumb" your dumb for telling this guy that. Everyone has their own preference. Thats like telling an sq guy that hes dumb cause he doesnt do spl.

I believe "Wanting it loud on the outside" means that you're into pissing other people off, which gives the basshead community a bad rap.
Yes what makes a sub loud outside that pisses people off is exactly what we are asking. Idc what rep it gives the basshead community, we just want to know what makes a subwoofer loud that pisses people off. Once the questions answered thatll be it, just seems like some people here dont know and just say were dumb because we dont want a sub thats spl oriented thatll shake our whole cars. I have a custom 15" in my explorer that wrecks shit. Shakes my whole car and flexs shit like crazy. But when I had 2 sa 12s in it, it didnt shake anything, but it was loud as hell inside and it could be heard a few blocks away easily. Can someone answer the question of why? Everyone on this forum says cone is king, but I can guarantee the 15 will make the 2 sa12s look like garbage. What specs make a sub louder by ear, amd what specs make a sub a sub that flexs shit? All the people posting stupid crap must not know how to answer that. Good ole nuthuggers.

I'll answer. You're talking about 2 different subs with completely different specs, with different amount of power going to them, in different boxes. Do you really expect them to have sounded the exact same, or have flexed stuff in the car in the same manner as the other subs? You're trying to compare apples to oranges.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

^ i was going to say that but didnt want to waste my time, because now you are just gonna get put into a huge convo of quotes.

which is why I am replying the way I am right now

that makes sense lots ya?

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

Wanna ride bikes?

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

Do horns get low

Guys, please stop the damn quote a-thon. Its like OMG!!

Also, i don't believe you about the distance test. You can flame me if you like but whatever, If you want to deny physics then go ahead.

Hell, stupid crap like how far or close you are to buildings and barometric pressure and humidity can effect how far sound travels.

So please enlighten us on your testing method, maybe you could give us some exact distance at which you measure the loudness of the two setups?

Lol an spl wreaks shit and a non spl can be heard for blocks woow this is some funny shit!!!!!

1 a true spl sub would not be tunned low and should not flex much at all

2 a sub is stupid it does what it is told and that's it.

3 why one set of subs flexed more than the other is alllllll about the box and iinstall

4 why one set of subs can be heard from blocks and the other can't ... agaiin its aall about install and box

Seen and heard plenty of "spl" subs in sq and they sounded amazing. Didn't just flex shit and can be heard far away its all in the install

Did I forget to mention its all in the box and install?

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Good grief SMD! Get over yourselves!

I retract.....not SMD, but those of you who added absolutely nothing to this thread but a cute joke/pic at the expense of A PERSON! This guy could be 12, he may not even have a amp.....who the F*K cares!!?? That's somebody's kid, maybe your kids age, by some of your responses, probably your age! It's almost like some of you "think" your better than anybody else, because you "know what loud" means, get a life.

You....ALL.....KNOW.....WTF!! he is talking about, your just badgering and badgering, thinking it makes you look smarter or funnier than the last guy.

2 mother-fu&¢ing cars can METER the exact same thing, same song or tone, and be completely different experiences! He basically wants to know how that works.

Hell, lets get foxracings input......

Good grief SMD! Get over yourselves!

I retract.....not SMD, but those of you who added absolutely nothing to this thread but a cute joke/pic at the expense of A PERSON! This guy could be 12, he may not even have a amp.....who the F*K cares!!?? That's somebody's kid, maybe your kids age, by some of your responses, probably your age! It's almost like some of you "think" your better than anybody else, because you "know what loud" means, get a life.

You....ALL.....KNOW.....WTF!! he is talking about, your just badgering and badgering, thinking it makes you look smarter or funnier than the last guy.

2 mother-fu&¢ing cars can METER the exact same thing, same song or tone, and be completely different experiences! He basically wants to know how that works.

Hell, lets get foxracings input......

His question was answered in the very first reply, and more than once in other posts later. Then he argued and then it became a shit storm and now you came in and threw gas on everything.

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

Archived