Second Skin Audio

Budget 15" Sub for Budget Build

okay so i got maybe 1000-1300 to spend on a system i ujst got a 99 explorer gunna do a 6th order dual reflex box, im wanting to get 4 15's they should be under 120? each, my little brother has same explorer with 4 Funkin Audio SL 15 running on a DD 800 watt, they hit pretty good pull small hairtrick, im looking to go low so low fs is a must, the amp im thinking about is either a BC 2000 or a BC 3500,, The sub I linked I can get 4 at 89 a piece, but wondering if theres some other subs going around? used is fine by me,, So Equipment needed is everything Radio I can get cheap ~40$, Wire im willing to buy used. Need Batt ~100?. the BC 2000 is ~350 or the BC 3500 ~500. Voice your opinions. Going for Air Movement. please no haters not possible junk. http://www.diyma.com/funkin-sl-27.html

ALso, if you want to run that much power efficiently, you need a alternator and a a full run of 1/0 to run it all properly. Also, do you really know what your doing with a 6th order dual bandpass box?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

yes to your answer on a 6th order dual reflex. and yes i have 1/0 welding wire. and im getting a second batt.. ill back up electrical not a prob. im just asking about subs which idk why I am i cna just use WIN ISD.. im just lazy and dont trust the program that much lol

Well I do not know to much about 6th order's, so I don't know what those like out of their subs. 15's for under $120 doesn't sound like that great of quality to me especially with the power you want to run them.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

i know people are gonna knock it but 15" kicker cvr's are in your price range and get dirty

x2

headunit: pioneer 1400DVDsub stage: FI Q 15 D2sub amp: VVME inno-d 1500

voice amp: VVME 4 channel 4080.2nd battery: Soundquest SQB2000 2nd batterywiring:run of stinger ofc 4 gauge to 2nd battery

sky high and knu 0 gauge to bass ampsub box: custom ported box, 3.73^3 tuned to 32hz

rca's: stinger 6000 for basskicker 4 channel for voice

front stage:JBL gto608crear stage:renegade 6.2c

are you aware of how friggin hair pulling difficult it is to design a 6th order correctly? you'll literally probably spend half of your budget just fucking with the box to get it close to right.

Archived