Sonic Electronix

I'm about to place a order either on a FI SP4 15" and it's rated at 3k or a DC Level 5 15" rated at 3.5k, but my amp(AQ3500D) Pushing 3500-4200 rms. Is it better to over power your subs a little more so I can actually get them to move, or save the extra $200 and get a sub that matches my amp easier. Does anyone know how well 3500 rms pushes DC/FI Subs? ;)

Both subs will take that amp with out issues, just make sure gains are set correctly, I'm sure you got a proper box. Personally I'm throwing 3k at my sundown SA 12s without issues, it's all about clean power and box.

You only have 4 cubes? All together?

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

Personally I have had DC subs, an FI subs, the DC got loud!! But I loved my FI sub more. Just depends on what u listen to, the DC sub just couldn't drop like the sp4 could. but both great subs, an will both take that amp! Also just saying, Kevin has some nice HDC4 15s that will also take that amp with ease. Just check the for sale section on here.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Both subs will take that amp with out issues, just make sure gains are set correctly, I'm sure you got a proper box. Personally I'm throwing 3k at my sundown SA 12s without issues, it's all about clean power and box.

^I agree with this statement. It's about clean power. Many subs can take more than rms and work great if its all clean power. Many examples of people can be said but w/o a doubt an example is Rocketboy on here whose atm running a dc 9k to each of his six SMD 18s. :bunny: WAY more than RMS and he hasn't blown one ever.

Well it's going in a Accord so i'm just trying to figure out a box that'll work in 4cu trunk

Is 4 cu the total volume of the box or have you came up with this after figuring displacement of port and etc.?

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

Archived