Second Skin Audio

More power than I've ever ran before... Box?

Going to be getting a 9k in a couple weeks to power my 12s. I've never ran anywhere near that much power before so hopefully someone can help me out with a starting point with a box? No reason to waste time testing things that we know won't work lol. Especially since it's tough to build test boxes at this power/pressure level. They all have to be solid and reinforced. No such thing as a throwaway box

I have a pair of crossfire XS-SPL 12s. Will be wired at .5 on 14v electrical.

Box will be subs back/port back with a 9" aero. Tuning TBD. Probably somewhere in the 40hz range, pending testing.

Was thinking around 3cuft for the pair? I'm not really sure where to begin with this since I've never ran this much power before, nor have I ever had a box tuned this high before lol. I'm fine not having low notes. Lots of folks where I am have a <30hz addiction lol. I'm trying to be different :P

3 cubes for 12s ? ? And why sooo high tuning !!?

I would start at 4.5 cubes with that power.

I have 5 cubes for my 12s and was going to run 9k to it, but only had a chance to do 7k. And they wanted more ...

doesnt that amp voltage protect at like 16.7? right around where 14v charges at.

A DC 9k Im assuming? I think they protect upper 18 ish.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

The DC 9ks are good all the way to 18v. I'm charging at 16.3 lol

I have 5 cubes for my 12s and was going to run 9k to it, but only had a chance to do 7k. And they wanted more ...

Because my car peaks high. Burp box.

Edit: to clarify I'll be using one of those adjustable metal ports from psycho acoustics. Plan is to have a box that will do well on the meter but can also work for daily.

Yeah 9ks are good at high voltage . Is the 10k that's only 12v

Oh alright .

Should see 150+ easy with a burp .

My goal was a 150 in a trunk at 30hz. I wasn't that far away . But idk about dropping anymore mula in it

Oh alright .

Should see 150+ easy with a burp .

That's the plan lol. Was doing a 147.2 in a ghettorig box on 3.5k and lower voltage. And the box peaked a solid 10hz below vehicle peak too. Ima rage quit if this doesn't do a 150 lol

Hmm... Current box is 4.25 cubes and I can nearly push the subs to xmech with a single 3500?

Hmm... Current box is 4.25 cubes and I can nearly push the subs to xmech with a single 3500?

thats odd, they are 2k rms subs, with recommended 1.75-2.5 cube box each...

something is wrong there....

Archived