my random thought of the day - 7/8/2013

I always equated it to...

Not supporting gay marriage because it's against your belief is like saying no one can have ice cream because you're on a diet.

Not so much. I don't support gay marriage because of my beliefs, but I'm not out there fighting against it. Support and tolorence are 2 very different things.

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

Homosexuality is not an issue of morality. Just to even use rape and murder as an example of what laws should be seems very irrational. Someone else being gay does not harm a person in the slightest.

First, i support gay marriage.

I'm not comparing murder to homosexuality, the topic is freedom of religion.

Here is my point, who is the op to say that people cannot be against gay marriage? If he believes in tolerance, then he should tolerate some people don't approve of gay marriage. They have that right. Get me?

in certain religion, murder is ok...

And no. Incorrect. Anyone has the right to believe what they want to believe this is true. But not believing and tolerating are two different things. If you believe in the freedom that allows you to believe it is wrong then you have to acknowledge that the same freedom means it CANNOT be barred simply because you do not believe in it. Support it, hate it, tolerate it isn't the point. Believing in the freedom means you have to allow it even though you don't agree with it.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

No one is saying because someone believes murder is ok we should tolerate it because then you are equating homosexuality to murder. The exact same way some nut cases have equated it to pedophilia, necrophilia, and beastiality. They are not analogous.

in certain religion, murder is ok...

And no. Incorrect. Anyone has the right to believe what they want to believe this is true. But not believing and tolerating are two different things. If you believe in the freedom that allows you to believe it is wrong then you have to acknowledge that the same freedom means it CANNOT be barred simply because you do not believe in it. Support it, hate it, tolerate it isn't the point. Believing in the freedom means you have to allow it even though you don't agree with it.

Thats just it though, People have the freedom to be part of a religion that does not allow for gay marriage, they are free to leave that religion and go to another if they don't agree. They also have the right to not have you or anyone else delegate what their beliefs should be. You may not like that they don't approve of it, but thats too bad.

Mennonites require their women to wear dresses, and they are not allowed to wear jeans. Are you going to tell them they are hypocrites too? That isn't an issue of morality, it is their belief though. It doesn't hurt anyone either.

Some religion not tolerating homosexuality doesn't hurt anyone either, you don't have to be part of that religion and you don't have to agree with them.

You're missing the point COMPLETELY, and because of that missing the logic. Yes, you can be in a religion that deems it inappropriate. In said religion it is against all they believe in to allow gay marriage. But that same freedom is why the government cannot be made to keep that a law simply because the way one person uses that freedom. Don't you get that? The notion isn't to agree with it. The notion is that the same freedom that allows you to disagree does not mean it is ok to deny that right. Separation of church and state. The laws governing man should be made with equality and justice in mind, not the abuse of one side of that freedom. There is no way you can logically argue a religious belief as fair and just, you just can't.

And then this goes into morality being a direct cause of religion which I am open to debate as well. I am not gay, was raised Mormon, and have an entire family that is strong devout Christians. I still don't believe gay marriage is illegal simply because a religion thinks it is wrong. Some religion does not allow pork...should bacon be banned now? The freedom of one group should never oppress another, because that is not freedom but tyranny.

Ok, i see, you misunderstand me.

I am not saying the government or any law should be allowed to stand because of a religious belief.

I am saying, religions should be allowed to have their beliefs because of seperation of church and state. I think we actually agree with each other, we are just mis understaning each other. lol

No, you seem to misunderstand. Who said religion has to be ok with it? The original thought was we built this country free and boast our freedom but the laws made by the governing body were set upon religious ideas which contradict the freedom meant to be given. I know what you're saying, I'm just saying it doesn't matter :P

Those freedoms you boast about let people be assholes, that includes people who don't tolerate things. So you don't understand. It's ok, lots of people dont get it.

now, how about a brother marrying his sister?

I think we should legalize that too.

Homosexuality is not an issue of morality. Just to even use rape and murder as an example of what laws should be seems very irrational. Someone else being gay does not harm a person in the slightest.

Rape MAY NOT hurt someone. You all hear the stories, the hearsay... that "she wasn't raped". I think we all know at least one girl who would get with someone in bed and later, claim it was rape. That's one of those grey areas he was talking about. Anymore, it's almost like you need to record a pre-sex talk because the way the world is? You can't trust anyone. "She wanted me! She was ripping MY clothes off!" yet your the one spending the night in jail, ect ect.

Being gay can only hurt someone if they're one of those who get offended/sick. I know a girl for example, who almost throws up at the sight of oral (she'll go down but see someone going down on a girl? And I don't mean just in person but movies....). In which case, I say too bad. I mean, this country was founded on the idea of freedom. To do as you please, within reason. As long as you're not going out there causing mayhem, I see nothing wrong with it. Those who get offended/sick should then move their happy behinds away... whether it's literally moving away or just leaving the store/area/whatever. Be anywhere holding hands, kissing, I'm cool with it. Just because you're free to do as you please as long as not harming others and that's... not harming anyone. But just my 2 cents.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived