95 Civic. 2-15" Skar Ivx's on an SK 800.1. 1st Build

Looking pretty decent what are you gonna do for that rear deck lid?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Ahhhh the infamous tiny opening of the Civic trunk. 3 ways to go about getting big subs in the trunk:

1) Design a box that will fit, squeeze it into the trunk, load the subs once the box is in.

2) Build the box inside the trunk.

3) Cut the rear deck lid

First box I built for mine was too big as well, but I didn't have to cut the rear deck lid, on my 02, there was a brace that went along the bottom of the trunk behind the back seats that stuck up about 2 1/2", so I just just that out and it gave me enough room.

It was a mistake on my part...I had already cut the spot welds on lid, like where the headrest and latch are, and was going to push it up and have it rest on the box and fabricate some new brackets and such so that the seats would look factory. In the end the box was way fucking bigger than I thought...(Idiot)...so out she came! Lol

Looking pretty decent what are you gonna do for that rear deck lid?

I have a piece of MDF cut, just traced out the carpet that was on the deck lid, planning on getting that up in there after trimming some more metal, leaving enuf to support that wood, then make some beauty panels for the sides to clean it up and seal it off.

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Pics will come this weekend or maybe tonight. Work is CRAZY right now...cant stay at my desk for more than 5 mins! Been out back loading equipment and shit....hot as hell up here too! Gotta really do some brainstorming tonight...As you will see in the pics that are coming I mounted my amp underneath the box in the spare tire well. The 2nd batt is on the pass side squeezed in beside the box. I think I want to take the amp out and slide the box as far towards the back as it will go and mount my amp (AMPS when I get more time to get my door speakers in) in front of the box or on the back of the back seat. Also if I slide the box back I think it will make my life easier as far as making the front look good. Idk....I will post some pics and try and get some feedback! :) Enjoy your Friday Biyotches!

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Im already designing my box, and yes, its a trunk build. Ported, tuned to 32 hertz. I can pull off some trunk braces and the rear deck on my car disconnects from the trunk pillars, so I can fit a pretty big box in.

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

Ugh...What an unproductive weekend! Between the fiance working all weekend and me having to watch all 3 kids, structure fires up the wazzooo, and it being just shy of too effin hot...I didnt get much done! Lol. Did put a coat of wax on the car yesterday while the kids were napping. Still pondering the whole moving things around in the trunk. NEED, NEED, NEED to do something soon so I can get this bitch sealed off and looking like a car again. Got a few pics to post of the wax job and some of the current equip set-up. Ill get em up as soon as I can.

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Here are a few more pics of the ol girl. Forgot to mention, Saturday I got to put my new Upper and Lower Control Arms in. MUCH needed! Only got a pic of the new ones laid out....Was in a hurry, had to get them in fast cause the boys were comin up to the house to go get fitted for our tuxes....Fun Fun.. lol. Well here they are.

Just need to get a buddy of mine to set the camber on the rear and we are good to go!

PicsfrommyPhone037_zps86a80fb8.jpg

Washed up and drying...

PicsfrommyPhone038_zpsb9908368.jpg

Waxed up $175 single stage paint job! Not too bad I guess...

PicsfrommyPhone045_zpsd9624df2.jpg

Got hood scoops?? :)

PicsfrommyPhone044_zpsaeab1810.jpg

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Hit post before I was done....Lol...Here are the rest.

PicsfrommyPhone043_zps7ee1b012.jpg

PicsfrommyPhone042_zps9e16a2ea.jpg

Plastidip emblem FTW!

PicsfrommyPhone041_zps2b2e7fda.jpg

Now onto some equipment...The old RFs....Not gonna get rid of em yet...Might go in mummas car along with a new box! shit can that prefab!

PicsfrommyPhone031_zps707e3915.jpg

Head unit...

PicsfrommyPhone033_zps778afe34.jpg

What a mess....:(

PicsfrommyPhone047_zpsddb4c7b5.jpg

PicsfrommyPhone034_zps70bdfde9.jpg

Just enuf room....Edge of the sub is as close as she can be.

PicsfrommyPhone036_zpscc894656.jpg

And it fills the trunk. Dont mind the foam on the left....Stuffed some of it on both sides of the box one night just cause I had it. Its coming out once I finish the deck lid and seal it off.

PicsfrommyPhone050_zps2884f4d2.jpg

Gonna catch some shit over this, I know....

PicsfrommyPhone051_zpscbe6340b.jpg

When this is all said and done with the other amp installed im going to make some bus bars here at work and clean this up. And maybe buy a real batt....

PicsfrommyPhone052_zpse10d650d.jpg

Homemade fuse holder. Remember...I got all the wire for free from work...Its not brand name or the right color but by jesus it carries power!! Lol

PicsfrommyPhone053_zps6681d3bd.jpg

This is why I want to move the amp. Dont like it there now that its there. I wanna be able to see it!! Havent had any probs with heat...I do have a small fan that I will be installing whenever she hits her final resting spot! And yes I would love to get some real speaker wire! Lol

PicsfrommyPhone054_zpse8f027cc.jpg

Thats all for now. Hope to do some work on it this week...Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions. Feel free to bash me too, I got broad shoulders!...Lol. Might make me do some things smarter!

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Paints clean, car looks good, minus hood. Looks like a normal person, then had surgery and enlarged there nostrils. Not a fan but hey, your car, your choice. You should wall it off, and join the rest who wall our honda's. LOL.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Archived