Guest Nismofreak Posted February 22, 2008 Report Posted February 22, 2008 and try it without the rca's hooked up. nismo had/has the same problem with his hifonics amp.yup. Try it. Take the disconnect everything except the ground remote and power
cichlidfort Posted February 22, 2008 Author Report Posted February 22, 2008 I did try all that. It's not the RCAs nor the remote wire. I think it was just messed up upon arrival which sucks because now I am going to have to wait. 2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style) Setup in the makings
kbreudi Posted February 22, 2008 Report Posted February 22, 2008 I did try all that. It's not the RCAs nor the remote wire. I think it was just messed up upon arrival which sucks because now I am going to have to wait.So you DID measure the voltage at the remote on the amp? Try disonecting EVERYTHING but the power and ground...then loop a jumper wire from the +12V to the remote wire and see if it turns on. Good luck TEAM SUNDOWN 4 Nightshade 15"s 2 Sundown SAZ-4500 8 Deep Cycle batts 1998 Cadillac Catera SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall
kbreudi Posted February 22, 2008 Report Posted February 22, 2008 Maybe even get a direct connection from the battery with some foot long power and groundwires to eliminate the ground or a possible problem with the power wire TEAM SUNDOWN 4 Nightshade 15"s 2 Sundown SAZ-4500 8 Deep Cycle batts 1998 Cadillac Catera SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall
cichlidfort Posted February 22, 2008 Author Report Posted February 22, 2008 I doubt it has anything to do with the voltage because I have used other amps recently and they worked fine and didn't go into protect mode. 2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style) Setup in the makings
mbdblue Posted February 22, 2008 Report Posted February 22, 2008 I doubt it has anything to do with the voltage because I have used other amps recently and they worked fine and didn't go into protect mode. Sometimes its something you least expect. Id definitely check your power, ground, and remote voltage. Those are the only things that will tell you whats wrong. if they all read fine, its your amp. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
cichlidfort Posted February 22, 2008 Author Report Posted February 22, 2008 Can I try a different amplifier and see if that works? 2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style) Setup in the makings
REVOK1NER Posted February 22, 2008 Report Posted February 22, 2008 Can I try a different amplifier and see if that works? That would have been the first I would have done but yah try that. 2000 Ford Explorer XLT -20" RVM "Buck" Wheels -2.5% Tint -CompuStar Vizion Alarm -(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7" -1 XStatic BatCap Model 300 -2 18" DC LVL 4's -Amps are undecided
cichlidfort Posted February 22, 2008 Author Report Posted February 22, 2008 Alright well I am going to try and coax my friend into letting my borrow his amplifier for just a bit. lol 2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style) Setup in the makings
FieroGrande Posted February 22, 2008 Report Posted February 22, 2008 see if that other amp works. if it does then you have spotted the problem. i sure hope it aint the amp tho. cuz then you have to wait and shit!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.