Second Skin Audio

Good Enclosure?

TS2GFrank

I have a 92 Accord with 2 Sundown Zv3s 15. I have a box that I had someone build for me a couple years ago when I had Big Bang2s. I don't know very much about box building so I figure I would measure the dimensions of my box and post them amd.hopefully someone could give me some input on whether this enclosure is good for.my Zv3s.The dimensions are 36" long, 17" tall, and 19" depth. I have a slot port in the middle. Port 15.5" tall, 13" deep, and 2.5" wide. I had this box built more for daily purposes than SPL. I have around 17OOwatts on my pair of subs. Is this a good size for my subs or do I need to try a different approach?

According to torres, your box is at 4.7 cubes, and 8.24 per cube at 33hz. The airspace and port size is too small for those woofers, if you're gonna run 15's, should be at least 3 to 4 cubes each, and a lot more port. Since you appear to have the airspace, you should probably switch to 12's, and build a new box to make the most out of those woofers.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Ok thanks! Now I have another box that I use when I go to NSPL shows. This box is 37L 16 tall 20 depth. Also a slot port on this one which is on the left side. Port is 15tall. 14 depth and 4.5 wide. Can you also give me your opinion on this box. I use this one for SPL purposes. I still use them same subs and power though

Archived