So i got in an accident about a month ago and my allignment went all crazy on me. So i got an allignment done and now im getting what i think is steering bump. When ever i go over a heavy pot hole, dip in the road or something similar my car will jerk to the right. Also my wheels up front will flare out on top, going outwards. The steering is straight but it feels terrible. I know i need new front shocks soon, lower bj, and cv joints. But does anyone have some advice on how to fix this? Its kind of scary to drive on the freeway. Are their any simple solutions?

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

Um, how did they do an alignment if you have all these issues?

Simple solution is to replace all the worn out crap and get another alignment.

Alignment shops dont know dick. They tried to charge me for a four wheel alignment when I have a solid rear axle.

You need to know your shit so you can tell them what is wrong nd what to fix.

I hear ya, thats exactly my point. No decent alignment shop would do an alignment without checking the wear items first.

Sounds like the k member is broken or something along those lines letting the control arm shift around, i would not drive it till you get it off the ground and really inspect it to see what broke and replace it.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Its on a 02 Isuzu rodeo which is rack and pinion so it doesnt have a k member i think. But i was thinking the control arm might be messed up. I know the lower ball joint will correct some camber and shocks for most of what i believe the problem is. But i have no access to large jacks so im in a bind

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

No Engine

I don't know why you would need a large jack. The factory on should work, just use jack stands. You plan on doing your own ball joints? You ever done them before?

Well my car is lifted 3" in the front and i ended up breaking my factory jack so now i use a small 1.2ton jack. Yeah ive done upper and lower, they arent too bad

No Engine

• 3 months later...

im in the same boat with my lincoln mark viii. got in a wreck which broke the tie rod and put i 90 degree bend in my lca. replaced them and did my own alignment and has been great for about 9 months until recently i started getting bumpsteer. it wasnt bad at first but over the past 2 weeks its starting to get scary. from all my research it has to do with the tie rods and/or the rack and pinion. im going in the morning to get a used rack to get me by till i can afford a reman one. and your best bet is to read up on diy alignments if your gonna keep driving it that way. i've had to re-align mine once a week for the past 2 months and orionstang is right shops dont really know jack and will charge u for shiz u dont need or not replace anything so u will keep bringin them your cash

heres a link that taught me. dont worry about the type of car they are using because the principles apply to basically everything.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/1565421-diy-poor-mans-wheel-alignment.html

Archived