Sundown Audio

Sundown Audio E8 Subsonic rear loaded horn!!!!!!!!

Hello again!!!!

Nope sorry not the local meca judge down here.That's Arian. Here's where I started, it won't be fun unless you get it easy, would it?

http://www.quarter-wave.com/Horns/Back_Horn.pdf

good luck reading guys!!!, that's basic theory , then there's advanced lol

@airbone

I have somthing of that sort for you.It's called an Aperiodic Bi Chamber enclosure.It uses three ports and two chambers , which adds a second resonance in the enclosure's pass band.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

box looks great... I usually don't use handles .. I'm too much of a man, if kickin' it don't make things work I'd be fcked!!! lol

on a side note... those handles are a great idea ... !!!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Hello again!!!!

Nope sorry not the local meca judge down here.That's Arian. Here's where I started, it won't be fun unless you get it easy, would it?

http://www.quarter-wave.com/Horns/Back_Horn.pdf

good luck reading guys!!!, that's basic theory , then there's advanced lol

@airbone

I have somthing of that sort for you.It's called an Aperiodic Bi Chamber enclosure.It uses three ports and two chambers , which adds a second resonance in the enclosure's pass band.

jesus, I scanned over it and figured out something. That I don't understand it.lol

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Hello airborne,

The ABC enclosure is fairly simple and yields great results. I've tried it on many occasions with good success.It works by adding a second resonance in the enclosure's pass band thus reinforcing a high, low and center frequency.Just like a ported box, you have roll off on all the ports and chambers, so it evens out response along the intended range.You can tune it to peak at one frequency for spl, gain a maximally flat response for sound quality or give a response right in between the two.

http://www.diysubwoofers.org/prt/dual_chamber.htm

There's a simple and accurate guide to getting it done^^, and it can form the basis for alot more, once you learn how to use it effectively .Give it a try, you may be surprised at what they can accomplish.

cool to see im not the only one who tries to read those research papers on that site and use horn resp.

for the compression chamber did you find the response you got from your model in horn resp to closely resemble how it preformed in real life?

i am just worried about designing one with a compression chamber in horn resp and then spend all the materials to find out it's nothing like i predicted.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Hello,

The major part that hornresp does not account for is cabin changes and gains.The program can fully model an enlcosure in an open air environment, wall loaded and multiple stack system, but lacks input parameters for cabin loading, which is basically a box in a box lol.

The other part of my design process is more or less experience to know what, where and how.You can easily tailor an enclosure there, but then with enough experience you can shape the enclosure's response around that of the cabin.

You may need to spend a good amount of money for materials for trial and error, but in the end it's pretty much worth it.

In other words, there is no exact science behind it, and my response is predicted accordingly.