Second Skin Audio

Enclosure port noise please help

vw passat

if i add more sq inches port area per foot like 18sq and i leave it 40hz i still have port noise?

Stop. Port noise or not, the issue is that you won't be able to play that low at any audible level. The port will be out of phase with the sub and you won't get any output. Adding more port won't fix that

If you want good meter scores and low notes, try playing around with a 6th or something. You'll be sacrificing quite a bit of space though.

if i add more sq inches port area per foot like 18sq and i leave it 40hz i still have port noise?

edit: ninja'd by snowdrifter! :ninja:

I would build another box with interchangeable ports. One port tuned to the peak of the car and the other tuned for daily playing(in the low 30's).

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

The easiest would be to use areo ports.

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Then stay closer to the 14-16 range.

Archived