Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer placement for best cone control?

can you do a diagram of it without the baffle on top.... I was talking about the wall on the inside....

the wall with the "X" and the wall with the line I put .... where they meet, is it curved in the corner as well????

snow_box.jpg

also, snow..... do you have the corner curved on the port side of the box???

next to the black arrow in pic# 2

You mean in pic 1? Yes. 4" wide port so there's a 4" piece of PVC pipe going in there to accomplish that.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

No it's not curved. The only thing that's curved is the port corner

Capture_zps1678c00d.png

ahhh I see.... that's more of a dilemma than I expected... thought the wall extended the full width of the box ... didn't realize you had those "pockets" on the side....

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I could fill in those spaces and make the box an inch taller to compensate for the lost volume.

This is what the final design is looking like then. That piece on the back is a port extension to drop tuning... And aim the air up so my hatch doesn't rattle lol. Sometimes I'll have days/weeks where anything above 30hz just doesn't sound good to me

1077386_3260646613214_798968721_o_zps31a

Archived