Second Skin Audio

1 Memphis M3MOJO12

Hello all! So i'm trying to build an enclosure for a 12 inch m3 mojo. The older model. It's going to be placed in my 2004 nissan quest. I'm looking for some suggestions on the dimensions etc on the build of the box. It has an L port but I'd rather it not.

these are the dimensions I have at the moment:

Box width : 32 in

Box height: 17 in

Box depth : 17 in

port width : 3 inches

port length 1: 13.25 in

port length 2 : 2 in

box vol : 3.3 (ft3)

tuned frequency : 35.03 hz

please let me hear your feedbacks and suggestions on what I should do instead.

Thank you! :)

That amp is rated 2100 WRMS, considering the brand probably is more like 1800 or so, still is a lot of power for one of those subs, I recommend going with a 2-2.5 cubes net for that sub as you are overpowering, also using your amp's subsonic filter and limiting your gain to avoid potential damage to the sub.

If you have the same subs as i do, i had contacted memphis hq, and got every little spec id need and for 2 of them they had said with a ported box id need a maximum of 8' cubic feet and minimum of 5' cubic feet, im unsure about 1 sub tho..... I'm also searching for help with a box design for mine..... the box i have them in they sound amazing, but i know they can/will sound better with a better/proper box.... I want a design for daily/spl aka a box that sounds good daily while driving around and one that will also be amazing at sound comp's!!! best of luck to you, also if anyone could help out another memphis customer it would be appreciated! :) thanks and best of luck

Archived