hey guys i have 2 15's with a 2500bd and for the last year been running the box with the subs up and port back my box size is 48x25x18. have 2 questions first is will it be louder with the subs back and port up i say no because havent really seen it done but a stereo shop in town told me to do it. second question is port size im lost on how to figure out size for frequency. mine now is a 10x10x10 with it 8 inches from the back wall. sounds good but probably could be better. can anyone help or know of someone that can.....

thanks

in the youtube video you can see the box design

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2o-lCLd9vc

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2088]

I would leave it port back myself. Really no reason to put it up.

So you got just around 6 cubes per woofer. You have a fairly small port area. only 8ish sq inches per cube. Ideally you should be around 11-14 sq inches per cubic foot. You would likely gain some efficiency with a larger port and possibly some gains.

Right now your tuned around 35-36hz with that port. What frequency do you want it to be tuned at?

let me just say right now thanks. i am looking maybe 32hz and do you think that box may be too big. also was wondering if it mattered if i laid it down to get the box under the window. i would still fire em up and port it back. would it change the sound. right now it is tall and skinny and the subs are about 13 inches from the ceiling, would it change if i put the subs lower and have them about 20 inches from ceiling. if i did lay it down the box could be the same size so what size of port would you think for the 32hz. and to be honest if you seen the video on youtube i could make different port sizes and swap them out. would you think that would be smart so i could tune it differently for everyday and then swap for SPL. and if so what hz would be good to be at.

• 1 month later...

Well if you want spl port too thenr I would find a meter an then see what your peaking at then build port to that. Far as playing on music I like 29. 30. 32. 33.

If you play alot of decaf id go for30hz. My 18s are tuned to 33hz but still slam well into the 20s

09 mustang gt

Archived