Sonic Electronix

Stereo into a boat without an alternator

I'm not at all familiar with a generator system... Does it still use a 12v battery to start the boat? Does it still charge? If so: any idea how many amps it's rated at?

From what little he told me yes it still uses the 12 volt battery and the generator basically charges its coils and charges at roughly 6 amps......but this is just going off what he told me.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Another option could be that he gets a small portable generator and a 12v power supply and just runs what he needs to off that

Another option could be that he gets a small portable generator and a 12v power supply and just runs what he needs to off that

That might not be a bad option.

I know his biggest concern...and understandably so....was making sure the draw on his battery didn't get him stranded.

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

I know his biggest concern...and understandably so....was making sure the draw on his battery didn't get him stranded.

Battery isolator an separate set of batt's for for the audio . that would be a good starts so he wont drain the boat battery

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

Battery isolator an separate set of batt's for for the audio . that would be a good starts so he wont drain the boat battery

This was the other option I gave him. Seems like there really is no good option that is reasonably cheap. He didn't seem to thrilled about adding a couple extra batteries.....but the way I see it that is really his only option to ensure he isn't left paddling his boat in.

This was the other option I gave him. Seems like there really is no good option that is reasonably cheap. He didn't seem to thrilled about adding a couple extra batteries.....but the way I see it that is really his only option to ensure he isn't left paddling his boat in.

no matter what he douse he will spend $500 at least

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

Agreed. Especially when he has none of the equipment or wiring.

Agreed. Especially when he has none of the equipment or wiring.

oh man , boom box? lol you can have good audio & save Money..

oh man , boom box? lol you can have good audio & save Money..

funny you mention that, that was my first suggestion to him!

Archived