I bought a pair of 3w 8 LED strip fog lights they are 6000k. THey just have a black and gray wire, how can i hook those up to run with my low beams?

And yes thats the one they are sending me. they said they are sending out 2. so i guess ill have to wait and see. I dont care about hi's. because my low's are bright enough.

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L

Flowmaster Single muffler + Tip

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

tap into the low beam circuit, the black should be for the negative feed and the grey should be for the +12v feed.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

on my cars wires for the lights its green and black and by tapping in do you mean cut the wires and re wire it? But wont i blow them because my passenger side is blowing everything now haha. what would be the best thing to tap in to?

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

idk their exact relay setup but it looks like one relay kit will cover 1 ballast. I have a relay harness like that for my fog lights but for my low beams I have 1 relay per ballast as I like the ability to cripple my way home if one relay fries or if one ballast dies. That way they are independent of one another and I can easily swap the relay out if it goes bad.

If the one you linked is truly what they are sending you, you will need 2 for each light. One for the left low beam and another for the right low beam. Then if you have independent high beams you will need another 2 relay harnesses for them.

You sir are correct i just skimmed the ebay listing. OP you will actually need 4 of those relay harnesses. I have never seen a relay harness like that which only powers one ballast. Kind of lame if you ask me.

i guess independently would be cool. i do have a blue led rocker switch i could use.

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

Do i have to cut the fog light things out? it seems like a solid piece of plastic even though it has an outlining for the slot, it doesnt come out.

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

look in my garage in my profile, the pic viewing the front of my car, it has 2 fog light outlines on the bumper. how do i take it out, do i have to cut it or do they come out somehow. because it doesnt feel like they come out.

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

What I would say is get a DMM so you can probe the stock wires to find out what wire is +12v and what wire is ground on the stock socket. That way it will tell you how to tap in the wire for the led strips. And for you blowing the fuse it sounds like you either fucked up them by running the ballasts on stock wiring and melted the stock wires or your ballast is pulling too much current and you are popping that shitty fuse. What fuse is popping? You need to explain it better than those short ass posts you are making if you want help. When you tap into the wires for the led strips I would suggest maybe tapping it into your running lights, the turn signals to be exact where the wire gets +12v when they are on, NOT the one that gets +12v when the 4 ways or turn signal are flashing. That way when you turn your lights once to get the running/corner lights on it will turn on the led strips. Then when you turn it again it will kick on your low beams AND keep the led's on too.

As for as the other guy who said it was shitty to have one relay for each light, i love it like that. less stress on a relay to power up both ballasts and it also prevents problems going from one ballast to the other since they are independent.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived