I need an amp don't I?

BassDragon

I just installed my new head unit, a Kenwood KDC-108, which has 22 watts RMS, 50 peak x 4 channels.

The speakers I have to put in are two Rockford Fosgate P16's (55 watts RMS ea.) and two Rockford Fosgate P142's (30 watts RMS ea.).

Of how much importance is an amp for the speakers?

I have a mono amp (Clarion DPX11500) that will be pushing two 10" RF P3S's. They will be coming in later. Should I wait and somehow wire the amp to power the speakers too? Or sell the amp, get one suited for the subs power, and do something else with the speakers?

Hope this makes sense.

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

what i would do is replace the stock speakers with the rockfords for the time being (because they will sound better than the stock ones). once you get the subs, you may want to put the speakers on an amp because the bass may drown out the speakers. if not, than you can always keep them on the head unit.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Check around on your local craigslist for older working 2 channels, swap meets too. I picked up a SWEET Rockford Punch 40x2 trans-ana that would be perfect for your P16's for $25. CL, Swapmeets, garage sales. Hell even goodwill and pawn shops.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

All up to you. I am running a Dual XHDR6435 240 watts

with 4 new MB Quart 6.5s And MB Quart Tweeters plugged into those. And it gets hella loud and clear.

And bass gets a little choppy at 4 out of 6 bass setting at like 38 out of 45 volume.
But i keep them at like 2-3 setting. because my sub does the rest haha. So at that low i can play it louder than 38.

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L

Flowmaster Single muffler + Tip

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

And i installed a 400watt 2 ch dual amp for 2 4" mb quarts for my trunk. but the spots i chose to drill them into arent the best. for the bass. but it works. check it out in my profile garage.

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L

Flowmaster Single muffler + Tip

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

those 4" punch speakers will not like playing anything under like 80hz, so you know. i had them amped and i could make them bottom out on some songs even with a 100hz high pass.

Archived