The Big Three,

Guest MegaloManiac
why you want that for, there both the same?

it's gone midnight over here now. i'll take some tomoro :)

mr.captain-obvious i can probably tell what wire is what when i see the hooked up one ;)

yea.... your cars electrical system is not going to charge by three tiny 12-16 gauge wires, they will melt asap esp if you have a stereo installed in the car.

There should be a wire as stated above, 2-4 gauge that runs from your battery + terminal of your battery, to the alternator b+ stud. This is where you connect your newly upgraded big3 wire.

Also as stated above, the 3 wire clip is for the voltage regulator. One wire is ground, one wire is ignition, and one wire is field which tells the alternator how much it is being "excited".

yea.... your cars electrical system is not going to charge by three tiny 12-16 gauge wires, they will melt asap esp if you have a stereo installed in the car.

There should be a wire as stated above, 2-4 gauge that runs from your battery + terminal of your battery, to the alternator b+ stud. This is where you connect your newly upgraded big3 wire.

Also as stated above, the 3 wire clip is for the voltage regulator. One wire is ground, one wire is ignition, and one wire is field which tells the alternator how much it is being "excited".

them 3 clip things are the only wires connected, and i have my stereo pn with 4 speakers and a sub goin at 787rms and it seems fine, jus i wanted to put thicker wire on there :)

so i DO need to connec 1/0 AWG to the B+ on the alt, and run that to the +on the battery under the boot??

cheers guys for the help

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it has to be a bolt on there like audiofanaticz said i dont think your whole car can run off those little wires

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

I am willing to put money down that there is a big wire that goes from your positive side of the batter to the alternator, and it hooks to one of those studs back there - from the factory. look again at your cars factory wiring. If not go ask a mechanic in your area, cause you will start causing problems if that wire is not hooked up. The wire of the positive battery post can't be left hangin free under the hood....sparks will fly, and without it being hooked to the alternator, your battery will eventually die.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

it has to be a bolt on there like audiofanaticz said i dont think your whole car can run off those little wires

it simply wont.. Theres no way possible that 3 12-16 gauge wires can allow the current to pass through the wire without melting it to run all the cars aecessories (heat, ac, power windows, powerlocks, radio, defroster, headlights, parking lights, dome lights, inst cluster, ecm, fuel pump) and charge the battery, let alone the draw of a amp (even if that amp is low wattage, there will be at least 40 amps of current needed for it).

• 2 months later...

right today i have jus finished fitting 0/1 guage wire from the 'B+' on the alt to battery positive:)

i was shocked to find that there was only those 3 wires as stated above:O (therewas another wire, but that was either a little fuse or something like that)

i didn't connect anything tp the 'w' connection cus i didn't know what oit was.

i have noticed a big difference.......before it was at 14.9-14.8 when car was on(no revs)and no music. when i was bumping with no revs it would drop to like 14.4-14.5-14.6 area. now when engine is on and no revs it is at 14.9-15.0, and when bumpin it's at 14.9-14.8. it was fairly warm when i wqs bumpin testing these out, so i'll check it again when i go out this evening when it shud be a bit cooler:) this was what my power cap was reading:)

any comments? btw what its the 'w' connection for? and it is correct to connect from b+ to pos on bat ye? lol

cheeeeers:)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

right today i have jus finished fitting 0/1 guage wire from the 'B+' on the alt to battery positive:)

i was shocked to find that there was only those 3 wires as stated above:O (therewas another wire, but that was either a little fuse or something like that)

i didn't connect anything tp the 'w' connection cus i didn't know what oit was.

i have noticed a big difference.......before it was at 14.9-14.8 when car was on(no revs)and no music. when i was bumping with no revs it would drop to like 14.4-14.5-14.6 area. now when engine is on and no revs it is at 14.9-15.0, and when bumpin it's at 14.9-14.8. it was fairly warm when i wqs bumpin testing these out, so i'll check it again when i go out this evening when it shud be a bit cooler:) this was what my power cap was reading:)

any comments? btw what its the 'w' connection for? and it is correct to connect from b+ to pos on bat ye? lol

cheeeeers:)

those are some fairly high voltages, you got a misslink module hooked up to your alt?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

those are some fairly high voltages, you got a misslink module hooked up to your alt?

i haven't aclue what that is, the alt has the stock wiring etc on it?., ( i haven't put anything on the alt wiring or anything bro) these are readings of a power cap? so maybe that is why its high, the battery measures about 14.4

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit