Second Skin Audio

big problem

vw passat

hi smd i have a vw passat 97-00 and i have a 15'' sub this are the specs of the sub http://www.spldynamics.fi/products/subwoofers/SPL-series/spl-380d2-e.html

in my passat on the meter iv made 143db and with the same equipment and the same box in a peugeot 308 iv made only 141db with the same song as well. i think that in a peugeot 308 i need to make more db's cause its a small car i think i dont know thats why im posting this problem cause i know that some one can help me as always.

can someone tell me what do u think that is the problem this is the amp specs http://www.spldynamics.fi/products/amplifiers/ICE-series/ice-3500d-e.html

and this is the box http://i44.tinypic.com/m0ifk.png it play a small of low notes but when there is songs that are like 29hz its sounds like the woofer its free air i think cause the freq is to high 40hz. and there is somthing that i can change from the box to make a little bit more dbs like 16sq inches is good or i need to make it lower?

tx smd

Need to slow down the typing and have a clear question.

The reason why your system "hits" different dbs in different cars is simply car acoustics and they are a bitch. You can never expect the same numbers. Shit you can throw the same system in the same car and it can still have different scores. Anyway test and tune and rebuild

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Just because it is the same equipment does not mean it will net the same score. And it's not even really a problem. You're looking at two completely different environments, even the electrical systems might be different. 2 decibels probably isn't even that audible

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

It's not always about the size of the car. The size of the area being pressurized, the placement of the speakers and port, even the distance to the windshield could all affect the score. Maybe it's too small for the enclosure setup or orientation and the waves aren't maturing. A majority here will be in the states, can you provide pictures of the car sad setup to help reference?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Dude why are you tripping so hard. If you wanna change the spec of the box then just build a new box

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived