Think I figured out wiring I need - input is appreciated!

perfect. your headunit has 3 RCA outputs then correct?

that's correct, I installed the Pioneer x850BT about 2 months ago, loving it so far :D should be a great system once it's all done.

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

yes nice headunit, but be careful so many pioneer headunits users blow a fuse in the headunit .. MAKE SURE the battery is disconnected so your have NO power going to the Headunit when your working on it and you cant blow that fuse.

another thing when i had a system in my impreza... on my back seat... ( behind the seat, possibly when you look into the trunk towards the seat ) there is a wood board and when you got a system it would help a ton if you took that board out.

Okay so my order has been placed!!!

All I need to do now is buy the speakers I am putting in my rear doors (since the ones from my last car are too big). Going with JBL P662 since I don,t want the hassle of putting components in the back doors, and the P662 are basically the same speakers as my P660c I have up front but with slightly less power (rated at 75wRMS as opposed to my components which are rated 90wRMS) same build material and everything though.

Then I just need the JBL w10GTI and to build a box for it and I'M SET!!! Hope my rear speakers and two subs that I have from my last car sell soon so I have some cash for the W10GTI :D

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

yes nice headunit, but be careful so many pioneer headunits users blow a fuse in the headunit .. MAKE SURE the battery is disconnected so your have NO power going to the Headunit when your working on it and you cant blow that fuse.

another thing when i had a system in my impreza... on my back seat... ( behind the seat, possibly when you look into the trunk towards the seat ) there is a wood board and when you got a system it would help a ton if you took that board out.

great, thanks for that advice, I will definitely follow it!

glad I could help, make sure you make a build log on the forum id love to follow it

will do, soon as I get my delivery and snap more shots of my install. Although it won't be nearly as serious as the others on this forum, but I think it will give a nice punch and sound quality should be pretty great for a daily driver :D

Here is what I did to the back of my Subaru, subby trunk wall :twirl:

back in my high school days haha

null_zps2c03048c.jpg

lol wow...how very...creative :P must have gotten decently loud though :P

Hey OP, the cap isn't a bad idea by default, but because you said that you don't want to upgrade your alt or battery, because of that I would say don't use the cap.

In the right setup, used properly they could help the electrical system, but in your case it sounds like it would just bog down your electrical even more.

Archived