0ga. ring terminals?

I'm installing a MMATS 3000.1 I'm doing a big 3 upgrade and 2 runs of 0ga. Front to back. I've got a kenetic 1400 under the Hood and another one in the back. Is it OK to use ring terminals? It seems to me I might loose the advantage of using large guage wire when I put those terminals on. Am I right to be concerned, or do they transfer power OK?

Out of curiosity how else would you secure them?

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

It's fine

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

How else do you plan on affixing the wire to bolts? Lol

Yes you need to use ring terminals

Curry, Kentucky makes a battery terminal post adapter for their units. I would have put those on there and then used regular positive and negative battery terminals like I have under the Hood. I'd MUCH rather use the o rings though. It saves some money too. I didn't know how Damn expensive it was gonna be to get the electrical right when I bought the amp. It's costing me more than the amp itself! Lol it'll be worth it in the long run though.

Dude doing the big 3 only costs ~$30-$40 at most. If you don't want to spend that on a simple safety measure, I'd suggest you not get into the audio game ;)

Whether doing the ring terminals or battery terminals in both cases they have to be installed properly. For the battery terminals the wire has to be securely fastened, and for the ring terminals it either has to be securely soldered or crimped. In either case as long as it is done properly any loss is minimal.

As for the cost of upgrading your electrical....look at it as an insurance policy. Pay a little extra upfront to reduce headaches of blown equipment and having to ship it back to get fixed all the time! ;)

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Archived