Second Skin Audio

Tantric Subs?

Berries53

Im still on the fence about my two HDs. They are suppossed to have upgraded spiders to handle 2k rms each. On my 3500.1 @ .5 they take burps like all day no sweat. Daily, I feel like idk.. they get stinky sometimes. Its all dd1 clean etc. Using the -5 track. On burps I clamp 3700w and thats out of phase.. so maybe just over 3k.

Rebuilding the enclosure. I had my hopes up like these were gonna be the shit, but idk. I cant just wang on it like I could other subs. I want some hdds..

These have the older round logo dust caps idk it that makes a difference.

Could be the box. Or maybe they arent as beastly as I hoped. Not sure yet.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

i think they loud! :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zONnF2TAqRc

^ lol. Yep- Bo Carriga. 160 in Street Beat.

I am liking the idea of an MD 12. Could an MD 12 handle @1200-1400 clean watts in the right ported box? I am wondering what that could do in a strong but stealthy install in a Nissan Frontier?

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

What tantric sub would be best daily ported around 3-3.5kws?

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

1200-1400 clamped? That's probably pushing it. Now if it's a 1200w amp, that's no problem. 3k burps in the right box would be no problem either.

They do get a little loud. Hehe.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpLf8WG-g9w

Gotdamnit. Why won't that post as a link? Lol.

^ I just watched your vid last night. That is what made me say "oh my". :D How much juice were you putting that one through for the burp?

Not clamped.

Let me get specific then: The amp is an older 2005 Hifonics Brutus 1600 watt (@1ohm). It is rated to do "600" rms at 4 ohms, "1600" at 1 ohm. I was just thinking an MD 12 would be fun in 0-600 watt & SB1 Class with that setup. If the MDs come in DVC 2ohm+2ohm, then it could be easily switched from 1ohm to 4 ohms. Thoughts? Or would I need to step up to a higher line of sub?

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Ah-ha! I'm on to something. lol.

Cool then. I need to check in on some more stuff and mull it around. So far I am liking that idea. I've met some really good guys in the lanes that run Tantric subs- and that speaks volumes for me. For me, it's about the people as much as it is about the equipment. Thank you for the help sir!

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

What tantric sub would be best daily ported around 3-3.5kws?

Sounds about right for an HDD. Plenty of people running that kind of power to them. Or play it safe and step it up to a 4" coil, 5.000w rms SHD.

i asked murphy would the hdd take the 7k and he told me they would no problem long as its clean of course...

Archived