Chris Hammer Posted July 30, 2013 Report Posted July 30, 2013 I like the looks of the new sundown 6.5" and think it would look clean in a forward firing underseat enclosure. If anyone has a crewcab colorado or canyon you know how frikken small of a space this is. What I was thinking about enclosure wise, is build under my back seats with plastic to squeeze as much airspace as I can out of it. I was thinking abs sheet because I like the texture you can get on some and its pretty budget friendly. Plexi/lexan is out because of cost. Wondering if anyone has knowledge of abs vs pvc sheet and if one is stronger/less flexible and other properties. I am thinking of using 1/4" with good internal bracing and 1/2" for the baffle. Would be cool because I could weld the aeroport into the enclosure too. Plastic would be cool and different if I can brace enough to make it strong and have little to no resonance. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Chris Hammer Posted July 30, 2013 Author Report Posted July 30, 2013 Found a place online that will custom cnc cut any dimesnion you specify and can even send in cad drawing they will use to .005" tolerances. It would cut down on shipping ot have it precut so the trade off might be worth it. Once I get some money together to try it out I am going to give them a call and tell them what I plan on using it for. Maybe get a CAD drawing their way and get a price quote. On their site it says the savings in shipping will most likely offset the cnc cost. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Airborne Posted July 30, 2013 Report Posted July 30, 2013 Sounds like something to look into. I don't know how it compares strength wisw to Lexan but it would be cool to weld the whole thing together instead of glue and nails...
Chris Hammer Posted July 30, 2013 Author Report Posted July 30, 2013 Sounds like something to look into. I don't know how it compares strength wisw to Lexan but it would be cool to weld the whole thing together instead of glue and nails... More I look into it the more I want to do it. I think on lower power stuff it will work fine as long as I brace it. Its not like i'm trying to make an enclosure for a lvl6 18",,,its one maybe two 6.5" subwoofers. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Hellbilly429 Posted July 30, 2013 Report Posted July 30, 2013 This enough bracing to make that work? lol Maybe if you braced it and lined it with some deadener, or maybe filled it with some pollyfill? 2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress) NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors) Stinger FAST Rings Stock Electrical SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers Stock rear speakers MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm Box In Design Stage Stock RadioMy Build Log
Chris Hammer Posted July 30, 2013 Author Report Posted July 30, 2013 Yeah same concept with the bracing but that is some overkill...shit talk about wasted airspace. I have a few sheets of Roadkill leftover I will probably throw on the inside... and the more I think about it the more I dont think I'm going to wait for the 6.5 form sundown..they will probably be more then a few months and I want to start this project when I lose my job in a few weeks lol....ironic sounding. So looking on PE they have TangBand 5" subwoofers with a pretty beefy looking motor on clearance for 20$ each. 6 of those 1ft cubed with 2 2" Precision ports tuned to 35 is what I think I will do. See what happens. The fun part is wiring 6 16ohm drivers lol. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Hellbilly429 Posted July 30, 2013 Report Posted July 30, 2013 Lol, sounds like a plan, in for results 2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress) NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors) Stinger FAST Rings Stock Electrical SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers Stock rear speakers MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm Box In Design Stage Stock RadioMy Build Log
Chris Hammer Posted July 30, 2013 Author Report Posted July 30, 2013 Cool. For anyone interested here are the drivers. 18$ a pop since I'm buying 6. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=299-135&scqty=6 Looking on ebay found some ok deals on abs but I liek the idea of gettign them pre cut to exact dims instead of playing on the table saw with plastic. Anyone know someplace in Socal that sell bulk plastic sheeting? Abs to be exact? MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Airborne Posted July 30, 2013 Report Posted July 30, 2013 57hz FS on those 5". I am looking for something that will take up less space in my Camaro. 2 SAv2 8's are going in but I wanted some usable space and somewhere to mount the amps out of the way. That sundown looks like the answer to my prayers.
Airborne Posted July 30, 2013 Report Posted July 30, 2013 http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-919 almost pulled the trigger on 4 of these then realized I had a pair of 8's new in the box since the pre-order first shipped.lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.