Sonic Electronix

Looking to change up my system and im thinking of going with a single 18 in the trunk or possibly 2 18s walled. Its going to be going into a 2002 pontiac Grand prix. Im currently running 2 12 type r's on 2000 watts in a 4.4 cubic foot box tune to 32 htz. Everything in the trunk. My personal high with these is 145.1 but I think ive maxed out the potential of these. I want to hit in the low 150s if I could get higher that would be great. I have a 220 amp alt and a extra batt in the back which will all have to be upgraded. I just got a good bonus qt work so Im not to worried about budget. Any input from you guys would be great. Im thinking a dc audio 18 or maybe a fi 18. Has any one heard the dd z series? What is your opinions of a good 18?

If u are talking DD z series your talking BIG money. If u are looking to save money, look into HDC3 18s. If u want a low end beast, look at the FI sp4 18s. Tantric SHD I heard are insane, an they have a new UDH series in the works that I have heard doesn't even have a power rating.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

the DD Z series are amazing subs but the price on them are insanely high. like more than 2,500 per sub. if you want to get in the low 150's I would go with a wall because it is pretty hard to get that loud from a trunk. you could go with the DD 9518's. I heard a pair of them walled at a show recently and they got wicked loud. another good choice would be the Ascendant Audio Mayhem 18's. that's what I would choose between.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Im not worried about saving money just want something loud. I got about 20000 grand to play with. My summer bonus so its all extra money but part of that is going for a new suspension to hold all this weight. Im thinking a couple 18 dc lvl6 will do the job just have to do some remeasuring to see how many I can fit :)

I haven't had mine long and haven't thrown it on any power to speak of yet, but I love my level six. Just expect to have some back pain from carrying them around and loading them into the baffle

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

I heard the American bass HD 18's get down pretty good, from what I've seen they range from around 370-450 dollars depending on where you get them from and if your local dealer cuts you a deal or not. They're not suppose to be sold online but five stores on ebay sell them for around 400 bucks each. They're 1500 watts rms and all the reviews I've read said that they get down and handle way more power. I'm thinking about trying 2 of them out in my next build.

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

Something like that should get me high 50s which would be nice. Maybe ill see if I can take a trip up to see rusty hes only a few hours away and see if I van ger some demos. Ive heard it doesnt get much better then the lvl6. Keep your eyes open for a build log I hope to get started in the next few weeks

Only thing that u really need to think about with the car u have, is what size alt can u get, an how many batteries are u going to need. 4 15s an 2 12ks would be cool, but I really don't see him getting the electrical needed for that much power in that car. OP keep it simple, 2 XL 18s an a 5k would do great. Or 2 level 5 18s an a 7.5k. No need for that much over kill.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Archived