Reason for Dual Amplifier inputs?

Dual inputs allow you to run twice the wire to the input of the amplifier.

Two conductors of the same resistance in parallel will halve the resulting resistance.

Therefore with less overall resistance, you get less voltage drop.

Sure, stock amplifiers work fine with their single inputs, as they're designed to.

Dual inputs just give you more headroom or even less drop.

They may not be needed on smaller 2kW amps but they would definitely help on 10kW amp(s) where your input currents are very high.

Amplifier manufacturers need to make products for the environment they are used in.

Vehicles use 12VDC systems (12-18V), therefore very high currents are required to reach those high power levels.

Custom setups are possible but the manufacturers are going to make product for the masses.

Amplifiers already have inverters in them.

It's what they use to boost the input voltage up to reach the require voltage for the internal power rails. You could have an external inverter and a custom amplifier to utilize it, but most people wouldn't want to mess with that.

You also wouldn't want those higher voltages exposed to a general customer. Way too dangerous

Much better to keep it internal to the amplifier.

To properly utilize an AC power system, you'd want the alternator/generator to produce AC which is possible but you can't store AC power in battery's. Therefore you'd also need converters to pull/push power to a set of DC batteries which would be $$$.

Perfect write up man, thanks!

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

That is the crazy thing, science and application are two different things entirely. Not every setup needs or may benefit from dual inputs, my amp has triple power and triple ground inputs, why not make that twelve?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived