Just a little guy who likes bass.

Hello Everyone. Hi Steve.

I'm just a small timer who loves bass. As steve said in the discovery channels outragous acts of science " I'm just a kid that never grew up, I dont want to grow up"

Also, Haters. Don't even bother posting. There are always a few...

I know I have a lot of work to do. Zero gauge wire, HO Alternator add batteries etc etc etc...

So I will show you my system from Firebird to 4Runner ooooold, mis-matched, always changing, on a budget system.

First I had a 1986 Firebird.

mycar001_zps2c8e46dd.jpg

Basic shit: I'm too lazy to look up full specs for some of this shit. I still have and use most of this shit. I take care of my shit!

- Kenwood head unit

- Rockwood passive EQ, old!

- 4 gauge power

- 8 gauge ground

- 1/2 farad fosgate cap

- tiny alpine amp for 4x6 alpine dash speakers

- pioneer 760 for rear 6x9 clarion 3 way

- power acoustik 980 LT/2 for subs

- 2 digital audio 10" extended low frequency drivers dual 4 ohm wired to 2 ohms. Sealed 1 Cu ft.

mycar002_zpse5f006e4.jpg

Hatch backs, are like mega phones! These 10" subs slammed back there. 1 Cubic foot sealed.

mycar003_zps50772135.jpg

So I bought a 2004 4runner and transfered all the shit from my Firebird to the 4Runner, quite nicely might I add.

mycar2_zps9711e1f8.jpg

4runnerstereo_zps96bfd6d5.jpg

Minor modifications to the box made it work for the time bieng. Look at dat ugly temporary 8 guage ground wire on the bottom left. How dare I?

4runneramps_zps5b583d26.jpg

Well needless to say the acoustics of a Firebird and a 4Runner are like night and day and 2 10's werent going to cut it.

So a friend gave me some ooooold school 12" orion XTR's already in a box. ok fine. I beat the hell out of them for 2 years and decided its time for new speakers. Blew them up with some psyph morrison and relpaced them with some 12" Kicker CVX's.

20130713_1200250_zps625dcd13.jpg

20130713_123353_zps5c5d561d.jpg

When I took out the Orion XTR's I found electrical tape in the box! ahhh no! I also got another amp from a friend. Some nitro bmwx 600 watt rms amp. So here I am testing making sure it works. God what a mess.

20130712_144529_zpscbb0528e.jpg

(Just got back fishing in galveston hence the fishing rods)

My little rockford fosgate 1/2 farad capacitor started leaking on me and fuck capacitors anyway so I took it off.

So the Nitro BMWX 2000 works. The power acoustik says 560 rms. The nitro says 600 rms. So ATM I have the 2 kicker CVX's wired @ 2 ohms bridged on each amp. The RMS wattage on those amps are only off by 40 watts so I think they are fairly matched (However only steves amp dyno knows the real truth) At any rate I feel like I'm getting somewhere around 500 watts to each sub.

So things are looking and sounding a bit better.

20130714_091257_zps903770d9.jpg

I still have alot of work to do. I'll post more as it gets done. One day I'll redo all this shit and do it right, But for now it's enough to make me happy and thats all that matters. I think I've done some decent work without having a shop or garage or shit for tools.

I also just did the big three. ughh so much soldering.

20130720_145900_zps7b183fd4.jpg

Heres a quick video of the drive home after blowing subs without bass, Then a few days later with bass. Little jeezy roof flex at the end. Will upload some better videos soon.

Let me know what you guys think for a small do it your-selfer. I think my shit looks way better than that chevelle steve had to fix!

As much as the different gauges on wiring and different amps per sub things scare me, you make do with what you got. I would make running ALL at LEAST 4ga the highest priority. Properly fused of course.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

we all had to start somewhere , first system i had was sony xplod in the....
but really it looks good man . mismatch yes but we can tell you do actually give a shit . it shows in your install .
Big or small system is a system, as as long as it makes you happy Fuckin pimp that shit bro!
:WELCOME:

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

Archived