Car just shutoff on me while driving!

Sounds like it could have been the check engine light.  I'd put an OBD scanner  on that bad boy pretty quickly

do you have a laptop?  If so, do I like I did and go to www.obdii.com and buy the software, so that you can have obd diagnostics running while on the road  :^

kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

• 1 month later...

Well the same shit happened again the other night when I pulled up into a Wendys with my friends...

Car didn't shutoff this time but it wouldn't accelerate... Then the car said "Check electronic throttle" or some thing like that.

Can't wait to turn this shit in >:(

it sounds like ur MASAir flow sensor is gone bad. I would check this part before taking to to a dealer. I have a female friend her car was doing the same thing it was the MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR.

So what...the sensor is fucked up or what?

Also the car has a problem when I floor it...Before I would floor it and it would take off right away...Now it kinda "chokes" when its making it's way up the RPMs.

it sounds like ur MASAir flow sensor is gone bad. I would check this part before taking to to a dealer. I have a female friend her car was doing the same thing it was the MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR.

So what...the sensor is fucked up or what?

Also the car has a problem when I floor it...Before I would floor it and it would take off right away...Now it kinda "chokes" when its making it's way up the RPMs.

that sensor controls the air/fuel mixture tells the computer if you are getting to much air or to little air in your case it saying to the puter not enough air is getting through you don't need a lot of fuel. let me but it like this when you are at idle its running fine? but as soon as you try to take off or the car warms up it starts to act up. If so the air flow sensor is thinking its still at Idle when its not there fore stiving your engine of fuel.