Car just shutoff on me while driving!

Well today I was taking my friend home then all of a sudden as im coming to a stop sign the car slows down quick while im braking...Then I accelerate and I see nothing is happening I was like "oh shit maybe I got the e-brake on" but I didn't...

Every thing turned off...

Gas meter went down to Empty

Oil meter

Battery meter

rpm meter

mph meter every thing went down as if the car was off (which it was).

Strange thing was I still had it on "D(drive)"...I got a message from car saying to check some shit there I dont remember what it said...I ended up putting the car back into P and taking out the keys and turning it back on...Nothing happened after that but still that was weird...

That ever happen to any of you guys before?

Car isn't even that old

05 Expedition with 40K miles.

check ur battery connections. it happened to me when my batteries threads were stripped and it made a bad connection. except mine kicked right back up and i kept going.

Gonna have to check that out tomorrow when there's light...I doubt it though since the battery is fairly new about 3 months old...A yellow top

possiblle loose connections. battery or ALT........ is not run some fuel in cleaner through it and get a bottle of air intake cleaner, must be safe for 02 sensors, i belive teh  spray bottle is white and red from wal mart........sound sliek a loose connection though

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

maybe your fuel injection is fucking up

Nah, this wouldn't have anything to do with the gauges going haywire, it is definately an electrical problem.  Also, connections to the battery wouldn't be the issue either, unless the battery was shorted.  As the car is pulling current from the alternator once the vehicle is started. 

It really sounds like a relay issue to me.  When i had this same problem 2 years ago, was because the main fuse on my PDU blew (the big ole 140 amp fuse that of course costed like $50 to replace).

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD