TrunkMuzik Posted August 4, 2013 Report Posted August 4, 2013 So im putting 4 12s in my car and I have found that I need my trunk more then I do my back seat so im replacing the back seat with the subs I need 1.5 cu ft per sub after port displacement would like to be tuned 35-36 hz max dimensions are 21Dx32Hx56W problem is I suck at designing boxes lol I want as much SPL as possible so I was wondering if there is anyone here that could design me a box and post it? was also wondering if I should do 1 big box or 2 seperate stacked boxes or if It even really matters Without music, life would be an error
big dee Posted August 4, 2013 Report Posted August 4, 2013 I would do a wall. What kinda car are we talking about?
kl0wn Posted August 4, 2013 Report Posted August 4, 2013 1 big box. Back seats are overrated. Took mine out and threw 4 12s in there also. 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
TrunkMuzik Posted August 4, 2013 Author Report Posted August 4, 2013 2012 Camry. I don't want a wall, want to keep it below the window line Without music, life would be an error
Bradprobert Posted August 4, 2013 Report Posted August 4, 2013 How in the world do you have 56in wide? [sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223] 4th-order under rear seat build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165708-4th-order-under-rear-seat-chevy-extended-cab/#entry2410477 SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .
knowledge Posted August 4, 2013 Report Posted August 4, 2013 i would def do a wall and under the window line is gonna be tricky and look funny REFF'SMy linkEBAYhttp://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=trueI love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.
Guest Posted August 4, 2013 Report Posted August 4, 2013 i would def do a wall and under the window line is gonna be tricky and look funny plus louder.
TrunkMuzik Posted August 4, 2013 Author Report Posted August 4, 2013 With the way I go through vehicles I want something I can remove easily to trade in without damage. So no wall for me And door to door inside is 58", that's how I have 56" Without music, life would be an error
Guest Posted August 4, 2013 Report Posted August 4, 2013 With the way I go through vehicles I want something I can remove easily to trade in without damage. So no wall for me And door to door inside is 58", that's how I have 56" how are you going to prevent the sound waves from entering the trunk? you'll likely have cancellation issues unless you find a way to seal off the trunk/rear deck off from the cabin.
TrunkMuzik Posted August 4, 2013 Author Report Posted August 4, 2013 building a plate inside the trunk, I know it sounds dumb but it will all work out Without music, life would be an error
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.