Fiberglassing My Own Non-Exhaust Tail Section.

It's not a good one, but I managed to snag a shot as the sun was going down today. Finally a shot with sunlight!

20130826_181830.jpg

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

20130831_153101.jpg

20130831_153042.jpg

So, to tie this back into my fiberglass project I had a bit of an issue going from the OEM seat to the Corbin seat. It turns out that they do not have the same contour and I managed to destroy the left side of the mold. I wrapped the left side in speed tape so I could ride all day but I'll have to rebuild it soon. You can see the damage in this pic.

20130831_153127.jpg

It really comes down to my own mistake- When doing molds in the past I used an actual paper adhesive tape to shape the base and the resin saturated the tape and wasn't an issue. Since becoming an aircraft painter I have become very accustomed to using blue painters tape. The wax coated painters tape didn't absorb the resin and caused the structural integrity loss that contributed to the left side cracking out.

45.png

42.png

41-1.png

Thanks for looking!

Also, I might toss up a video of the sound of the semi-baffled open cat converter. I found a balance of sound and flow so that it runs almost identical to my gutted cans at a fraction of the noise output. It is a more raw raspy sound which IMO doesn't go well with the sleek refined look and feel of the vfr, but it will do until I commit to doing the exhaust work.

Again, Thanks for looking!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

really nice work man...

what kind of exhaust is that?

looks fantastic on that bike

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

really nice work man...

what kind of exhaust is that?

looks fantastic on that bike

Kind? The old one was just OEM cans gutted and shortened. Right now, I am running a baffled exhaust tip on the catalytic converter exit pipe.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Archived