ZDudas Posted August 6, 2013 Report Posted August 6, 2013 I have a sundown sd-2 12 that I want to try in a ported enclosure. This is going in a 1995 dodge ram 1500 single cab. I'd like the sub behind the drivers seat and the port facing the B-pillar behind the passenger seat. This sub calls for 2.0 cubic feet ported and I'd like to tune it to 35 hertz. Max dimensions are: 7.5 inches depth. 50 inches width. 20 inches tall.
ZDudas Posted August 9, 2013 Author Report Posted August 9, 2013 What amp will you be using? Rockford Fosgate R1000.1 Class D. The sub will be wired to 4 ohms so it'll be getting 500 watts RMS.
Joe X Posted August 9, 2013 Report Posted August 9, 2013 So on your specs: Bracing is a couple of 1" wooden dowel rods as shown.
ZDudas Posted August 11, 2013 Author Report Posted August 11, 2013 @Joe X. This is completely my fault. Could you make the depth 7 INCHES instead of 7.5 INCHES. I'm sorry but I didnt account for the center console being in the way. So it'd be 7 inches depth. 45 inches width. 18.5 inches height. thanks!
KiKaZz74 Posted August 13, 2013 Report Posted August 13, 2013 heres some more visuals for you too bro. just did a CAD Version of it to get a better idea Weighs about 52.5 lbs Enjoy! Cody C. My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
ZDudas Posted August 13, 2013 Author Report Posted August 13, 2013 Building this week so Ill throw up some pics and video. Got the wood it just keeps raining here and I can't get my cuts done.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.