3 way active crossover with only 2 6.5 and 2 tweeters

Jerry G. Peraza

Okay I don't know how much of a noob question this is but I just went or I am trying to go Active with a 3-way active crossover my dad had from his Audio days. It is a Profile SPL CX-400. There isn't much info on the company, Or at least I haven't had luck finding any. Anyways, I only have a pair of 6.5" woofers and a pair of tweeters. Since the crossover is 3-way , Do I need another pair of woofers for midbass? Is the crossover not appropriate for my application? I want the 6.5" to take care of 80hz to 2khz , how I imagine the passive crossovers were doing it. Would I be able to just use some RCA Y adapters on the midbass rca out and mids rca out and combine them? I feel like that would severely compromise SQ...

Any suggestions to do a better 2 way active is appreicated as well. I just don't want to use passive crossovers anymore , I became bored on it how sounded. I want more flexibility.

I don't think it'll work out the way you want it to. Because you'd be separating the ohm load from the way you explained it and that wouldn't work too well with a crossover that's meant for a certain ohm load.

I don't see how a crossover regulates an ohm load if all thats going into it is low level rca's, not speakers?

u can use it u could just use the high and mid outputs and leave the midbass output for later

yeah, I'm thinking the same, i'll just have to crossover my sub to at least 80hz compensate somewhat. It sounds really empty, but at the same time so much more clearer than using the passive crossovers, especially the highs.

Archived