Sonic Electronix

Planning on adding a second battery. What all do i need to get?
Ive been looking at a lot of stuff.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUAL-AUXILLARY-BATTERY-ISOLATOR-W-CABLES-COMPLETE-KIT-160A-RV-BOAT-CAR-TRUCK-/161077392256?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2580f5f380&vxp=mtr
I just want to have a better battery for my setup, Because i think if i play my sub loud enough for too long ill drain my battery. It seems like that is already happening slowly.

So i just want my system to play off the new battery.

I can probably spend $300. I would love to spend less than that. And i still need to consider doing the big 3 as well. But im sure the battery itself is going to be like $200. So that doesnt leave me with much if i get an XS battery. I might have to go with a different battery maybe. Because cables are expensiveee.

Especially to do the big 3 in 0 gauge.

But my battery is pretty new. My Alt is 140Amp. And im probably running 3k watts.

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L

Flowmaster Single muffler + Tip

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

Ye my battery is in the trunk so its going to suck to run the wires from alt.

And i would like to play with my car off sometimes for a few hours depending on what im doing.

i do go camping every so often so it would be nice to be able to run the system with the car off.

0gauge runs for so much though. and i probably need like what 12ft or so?

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

I wouldn't recommend running the system with the car off, at least with the subs. Would suck tremendously to be out camping and then have your battery go.

That is being said I haven't done the math on how much reserve you have in the batteries with your amp(s). Still wouldn't suggest it.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

That kit will be too short and you don't need the isolator.

It sucks to spend the money on 1/0, but do it right now and you won't be kicking yourself later like a lot of us. OFC is preferred.

If you're reeeeeaaaaallly looking for stuff on the cheap, I have used this with moderate success. In my car, I got 25' of red and 25 of black, and probably have maybe 4-7' of each left.

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifier-Power-Cable/Cadence-0G100-RED-0-AWG-Gauge-25-Feet-Amp-Power--Ground-Wire-Car-Audio-Cable/25+FEET+0G100-RED.aspx

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifier-Power-Cable/Cadence-0G100-BLACK-0-AWG-Gauge-25-Feet-Amp-Power--Ground-Wire-Car-Audio-Cable/25+FEET+0G100-BLACK.aspx

EDIT: and that was 1+/- runs to the back, big 3, and wiring 2 batteries in the back together.

Ok so should i just upgrade the big 3 first?

Then throw a battery in later.

I guess ill go with OFC cables then, Is it really going to make a huge difference? AudioTechnix, and i ordered sound deadener from them a little bit ago which im going to install soon.

And i might as well add some more wire and change the ones running to my amp right now with better/flexible wires as well.

I think it takes 2gauge should i use 0gauge or run 2? i have 0 gauge snipped a little bit and shoved in there right now.

Ill probably just get 25' of each.

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

cca has a max handling of 250amps and ofc has 300amps

Also depends on the gauge size and length of half the run.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

Archived