Yet Another Comparison of DD-1 to a Nice Oscilloscope

Ya mean the dd1 does work????

(joke)

Nice vid.

Also, if you see the tool as a 1 time use, you need to get out and meet people. Lol

Mine has been sent around the country. Goes with me at all the meets. And gets used errrry time.

And fuck no I don't charge a dime. Knowledge is free. You gotta want it though.

(had that same fluke scope meter also)

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I love the DD1 but its not practical for the one-time DIYer.

Setting gains is a 10 min job tops, after that, what am i supposed to do with the DD1? You know?

Its a great product, so is the CC1 and the VM1 and the AD1 and the whole lineup of SMDamore products, but its just not practical for that one-time user.

Great video comparison man, thanks! :)

While this is true, the majority of us bassheads are always changing equipment whether it be amps, head units, processor, etc..... Every time you change out that equipment the gain has to be adjusted again. Also you can ( like someone suggested ), charge a fee for other people in your area to help them out and set gains.

Setting gains is a 10 min job tops, after that, what am i supposed to do with the DD1? You know?

Its a great product, so is the CC1 and the VM1 and the AD1 and the whole lineup of SMDamore products, but its just not practical for that one-time user.

I Just recently got into the audio world, since purchasing my DD-1, like 3 months ago, have used it to set my gains on two HU, three amps (my equipment), cousins HU two amps, co-workers HU, Crossover, three amps. Trust me having this tool is not a one time use deal. It has paid for itself and more in the short time I've had it. Absolutely don't regret buying it.

What you can do is register yourself in the tools map to try to help others and maybe charge some type of payment..

You can help your friends set their gains correctly, and I'm almost 100% your not going to have one amp in your life time..

Dont get me wrong guys, i'd love me some SMDamore goodies! :)

But im not going to run around town settings gains for people lol

I have a descent scope at home, and i use it for more than just gain setting, otherwise i would recommend the DD to anyone who doesnt know how to use a scope.

:)

00' Volvo S40 T4 MT :)
Front stage: 4 Morel Virtus midbass drivers - 2 Seas 27TDFC Tweeters

Subs: 2 Elemental Designs 13A.v2's
Amps: Celestra FA2150 + FA275
Mono: Crescendo BC3500D
Wiring: Shok Industries Competition Series OFC 10
DIYMA RCA's
Canare 10AWG Speaker wire
XS Power D3100 + D6500

My build thread