Anyone got behind one? I'm looking for a new topper for my new 308 and their 3-15 ffp keeps staring me in the face. I've been looking at that their 3x9 and the viper pst 4x16 which gets very mixed reviews and the pst 2.5x10. The 2.5x10 is only a 32 mm objective though and Im worried it wont give me enough light to hunt with. I'm open to suggestions(rolex ahem) but want to stay under 1k. ideally 8or 9 so nightforce etc is out.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Im not a big leupold fan. Id like first focal plane mil/mil and smaller than a 50mm objective. Also want a lower piwer bottom end. Once I cross the 1k mark though im into new territory so I dont really want to go that high

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The Viper and Razor are made in Japan. The Viper is a good value in the $500 range and has a very repeatable turret with good clean imagining from the glass. Construction is ok. Shot a few and this brand doesn't make my list of recommendations. Just fell others offered more for the same price or just a bit more.

Now the SWFA stuff...

Originally made by Tasco in Japan and sold as the Super Sniper line the line was bought by SWFA and converted into their in house brand. these are an EXCELLENT value and have glass better than the Viper line. The main tube is pretty stout and the turrets are very accurate and positive. I would take any of these over the Viper line. And if a fixed power works you can get a great deal on a clean, robust and precise scope. being fixed power cuts down on the lenses making the scope more rugged and a little cleaner on the imaging.

Their variable power and side focusing models are just as good, just cost a little more accordingly. The SWFA SS line is priced in teh Leupold VXIII price range but delivers Leupold MK IV performance at 1/3 the price.

On objective lens size, Light transmission isnt as much about the objective size as much as it is about the main tube size. While the objective does gather light it still has to get funneled down through the tube. The objective will have a greater impact on field of view than it will on light transmission. With that said, I would be more concerned on what type of hunting your doing and whether a greater field of view may be needed. Static targets allow you to use small objectives lower to the center line of the rifle while moving targets or targets you have to scan to find benefit from a larger objective. If your scope is doubling as a spotting scope then bigger is better. And finally, just remember the bigger he objective the taller the rings and the higher off the stock your face sits. gotta balance it all out to suit your needs.

Here's one I put on a build for someone. I took a stock 700P and did minor tweaks. cut the bolt handle threaded and put on a badger and also milled the stock for badger bottom metal

DSC_0280.jpg

This rifle now has over 3K rounds through it with no issues from the glass.

Nice and low!!!!!

DSC_0279.jpg

don't forget good rings and base!!!!!

DSC_0274.jpg

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Archived